Need hatch buddies for or close to the 18th!

Quote:
I set 6 Serama Eggs on Oct 22 and 6 more on the 26th. Then my Silkies FINALLY started laying so I have been putting 2 a day in. I like staggered hatches.

So, my question to you Cynthia12 is Where are you in Utah? I am in Grand Junction Colorado which is near the Utah Border. Most members on here are in TEXAS
big_smile.png
or on the East Coast.
smile.png

I'm in Central Utah..Spanish Fork, it's between Springville and Payson if you know the area.
Getting cold there yet..lol..we are due to get more snow tonight, it's actually starting right now.
I just put a couple of pullets out side with another older pullet, with a nice warm heat lamp..I'm still worrying about them, and making sure they are staying under the light. They didn't last night, so I brought them back in, but they are tonight.
The days are still in the 40's, low 50's, and get this, 64 today. Which was nice, we had my DH mother's funeral to go to today..very nice day. Beautiful service. She was almost 86, lead a very happy life. Was a great mother, and I know that's why my DH is as sweet and loving as he is.

So sorry for your family's loss. I am watching my friend and neighbors critters because she also attended a funeral today in Utah. A 30 year old young man passed after fighting cancer.

Our weather seems similar to yours. Very Windy right now.

Quote:
There you are!
celebrate.gif

Here I am!! But I am getting a little worried because I just read a thread on humidity and it says that sometimes we add to much and I havent let my incubator get dry yet! I mean I keep the tray at the bottom filled. Im worried when my babies pip (hopefully!!) that they will get shrink wrapped by to much water!
sad.png
Anyone have any tips??
sad.png

I actually do not worry about the humidity until lock down. I fill my tray, will fill it when I see it get down into the low 40's. Just open your vent until you get it down a bit..you didn't say how high it was. You can have it around 50, 55 and be fine, don't get up into the 60's, that where you want it when it's time for lock down. I just hatched out some lavender cochin bantams yesterday. I had 6 go into lock down, had 5 make it. Will post pitures..I'm a proud mama..oh, and this was during a power outage..while they had started to pip! I hurried the bator out to our SUV to plug it in..I guess it worked, they are here.

Now, on candling, I am so glad I just candled! I knew I had one that was probably a no go..but there were two, and one big blood ring! Glad I got that out early.
Other than that..I have 8 swimming babies.
smile.png

My cochin bantams I just hatched yesterday... lavenders!
002-6.jpg

one more...
001-4.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
hey Panda...give a few more days, you just may be able to see more veins, and activity. Sometimes it takes a good ten days..not sure how far out you are?

Quote:
Here I am!! But I am getting a little worried because I just read a thread on humidity and it says that sometimes we add to much and I havent let my incubator get dry yet! I mean I keep the tray at the bottom filled. Im worried when my babies pip (hopefully!!) that they will get shrink wrapped by to much water!
sad.png
Anyone have any tips??
sad.png

I actually do not worry about the humidity until lock down. I fill my tray, will fill it when I see it get down into the low 40's. Just open your vent until you get it down a bit..you didn't say how high it was. You can have it around 50, 55 and be fine, don't get up into the 60's, that where you want it when it's time for lock down. I just hatched out some lavender cochin bantams yesterday. I had 6 go into lock down, had 5 make it. Will post pitures..I'm a proud mama..oh, and this was during a power outage..while they had started to pip! I hurried the bator out to our SUV to plug it in..I guess it worked, they are here.

Now, on candling, I am so glad I just candled! I knew I had one that was probably a no go..but there were two, and one big blood ring! Glad I got that out early.
smile.png

My cochin bantams I just hatched yesterday... lavenders! http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/CynthiaWor/002-6.jpg

one more... http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/CynthiaWor/001-4.jpg

Thanks Ill keep that in mind! Cute babies BTW!
smile.png

Quote:
sad.png
Anyone have any tips??
sad.png

smile.png

My cochin bantams I just hatched yesterday... lavenders! http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/CynthiaWor/002-6.jpg

one more... http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/CynthiaWor/001-4.jpg

. Very cute chicks!!

I candled my eggs last night and can see a few with veins and some with big dark blobs and some that look completly clear? I can't seem to get the humidity right either. It jumped up to 65 once but just for a couple hours. I took some water out and it hasn't been that high since. I have 6 light brahma eggs, 4 maran and 22 cochin. A few of the cochin eggs are frizzle. I'm on day 5 and day 7. It amazes me that I was able to hatch out baby chicks and ducks when I was 10 and knew nothing about humidity, probably had many temp accidents, and opened the incubator constantly to check on the babies as they hatched!! Lol

Last edited:
Quote:
I know. I think we all worry way more then we need to. There was a story on BYC a while back about a feed store owner moving the contents of the store to another building. They had eggs in an

incubator in a back room and forgot all about them diring a busy time. The eggs were never checked for humidity or turned and one day they heard cheeping. All the eggs hatched.

I am not going to chance this but good story!

Back
Top Bottom