Need hatch buddies for or close to the 18th!

For those of you that are worried about humidity, keep it around 50 the whole time like Kandi does..you will do fine. I just fill my tray up once it gets way down. So I'm usually around the 40's and low 50's like I said. Then I up it around 60 t0 65 at lock down.
The temp is the most important thing right now. Keep it around 99.5 if you can, a tad above or below won't hurt. If It's been running lower the whole time, around 99.3, you may go a bit longer before they hatch, or if you go higher, 99.8 or 9, then you may get them earlier...or...lol...they could hatch on hatch day, you never know. They come when they are ready. If I was going to say any more on humidity, it would be, lower is better than too high. And jen, don't worry, two hrs with it that high isn't going to hurt them....and, go cochins! I love the bantam cochins..as you can see in my pictures.
tongue.png

Thought I would change my Avatar..but you can't see all my little fuzzy butts over in the corner. That was last year. I love the little things. I have people asking for me to hatch for them. Even turkeys, and ducks! I don't keep those..wish I could keep ducks, but, would be too messy for where I am.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here I am!! But I am getting a little worried because I just read a thread on humidity and it says that sometimes we add to much and I havent let my incubator get dry yet! I mean I keep the tray at the bottom filled. Im worried when my babies pip (hopefully!!) that they will get shrink wrapped by to much water!
sad.png
Anyone have any tips??
sad.png

I actually do not worry about the humidity until lock down. I fill my tray, will fill it when I see it get down into the low 40's. Just open your vent until you get it down a bit..you didn't say how high it was. You can have it around 50, 55 and be fine, don't get up into the 60's, that where you want it when it's time for lock down. I just hatched out some lavender cochin bantams yesterday. I had 6 go into lock down, had 5 make it. Will post pitures..I'm a proud mama..oh, and this was during a power outage..while they had started to pip! I hurried the bator out to our SUV to plug it in..I guess it worked, they are here.

Now, on candling, I am so glad I just candled! I knew I had one that was probably a no go..but there were two, and one big blood ring! Glad I got that out early.
Other than that..I have 8 swimming babies.
smile.png

My cochin bantams I just hatched yesterday... lavenders! http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/CynthiaWor/002-6.jpg

one more... http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd463/CynthiaWor/001-4.jpg

WOW! Beautiful Babies!

What kind of incubators do you all have? I have an LG, actually it is my 10 yro son's. Bought if for him for school this past March to hatch our first set of eggs. We hatched 10 out of 17 eggs last time. A couple of the eggs were either bad or clear.

Quote:
Do you have a picture of yours? I have looked at the Hova Bator, different models and I just can't decide if I want one. Also don't know how many more times we will hatch eggs.

Once you start hatching you will not stop!
lol.png
I took a break and now I am back at it. Cannot wait to see what color Serama and Silkies I get!

Quote:
I have a LG still air with a turner. Do you fill up all the water trays on yours?

Yes, I keep them full all the time or at least I try. If I get busy and forget to check they just have to wait.

I just filled them actually today. When I get closer to lock down, I put a towel under it (something really large that you can wrap the bator in if needed) and then I put in some small sponges and a few flat rocks. I use a syringe and a hose to get water into the bator during lockdown to wet the sponges and fill up the wells.

Quote:
Do you have a picture of yours? I have looked at the Hova Bator, different models and I just can't decide if I want one. Also don't know how many more times we will hatch eggs.

Once you start hatching you will not stop!
lol.png
I took a break and now I am back at it. Cannot wait to see what color Serama and Silkies I get!

I'll have to stop, I don't have any room for more than like 8 in my coop. There is no more room in our front yard for another coop either. So unless I can find enough people that want to purchase chicks in the spring, then I will have to stop.

Hova 1588 here. Set, just plug it in. I also have a Hova 2362N. I love them both.

Back
Top Bottom