Need hatching buddy! Setting 5 duck and 5 hen eggs Sat 1/16

Quote:
What exactly is the dry incubation method?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-DryIncubation.html Here's the explanation...I'll let you know how it goes.
smile.png

That sounds very tempting. I have my LG up and running, too. I wonder if I should try dry incubation in the foam bator with some of my flock's eggs-to test my rooster's effectiveness, hmmm...
hmm.png

At the very least it's a learning experience, right?
wink.png

Quote:
I think the evaporation pad is designed to increase surface area of evaporation to increase humidity.
Does the Suro 20 have auto humidity??

Thanks, Topeka

It has an automatic pump/controls for humidity. It's on factory settings right now 99F/37.5 C and 44%-45% humidity. Do you think the EP would be necessary then?

Quote:
I think the evaporation pad is designed to increase surface area of evaporation to increase humidity.
Does the Suro 20 have auto humidity??

Thanks, Topeka

It has an automatic pump/controls for humidity. It's on factory settings right now 99F/37.5 C and 44%-45% humidity. Do you think the EP would be necessary then?

That looks perfect! Complete autopilot. I think you might only need the pads during lockdown (when the humidity needs to be around 65%)

13 BCM eggs setting (#14 had a sm. crack) @ 9:45 est. Thanks, Topeka I was thinking it might only be for the last 3 days- I have every reason to doubt myself, though. I'm hoping to add a few of my ee eggs to the LG today and try dry incubation (it's reading 99.3F/34% humidity). Curiousity is peaked and I want to test it out, too-thanks, heritage hens!

I set 12 last night, the autoturner is doing its thing! I have a still air hova-bator I have no idea how the hatch rates are with them the temp is 101.5 and the humidity is at 45%.
I read that 102 was a good temp for a still air. I hope thats true lol. I am excited. . . I can't wait to candle the eggs and see if I have anything going!

GO chickens!

Back
Top Bottom