Need Hatching Eggs.

pat100

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Hi, I am new to this hatching egg thing. I just got my Hovabator and plugged it for a day, but the temp is not going up more than 94F???
I am not sure if I put too much water or not. Anyway, I need some hatching eggs, preferably from California or some where in the west.
I live in Los Angeles. I am afraid that it will take too long to get eggs from the central and eastern states. Is this true? Any suggestions anyone?
Thank You, Patrick:)

need to get temp up to 99.5 and humidty at 30 to 40% for at least 2 days and stay stable, before you set any eggs. in the hova's if it is a genniss you can change the factory settings to number 7 and bring the temp up to 99.5

Yes, It is Hovabator Genesis 1588 and the factory setting is at the 4.
It said that the factory setting should not be touch, because it is set for 99.5F?? Then, this is not always true... Thank you for your advise, Patrick:)

Are you using the thermometer that came with it? they can be as much as 5 degrees off. I threw mine out an bought a digital one, I'd try that before messing with the temp, I have the 1588 and it runs perfect. Also, I have bought eggs all the way from NY and they get here plenty fast, the only issue is that the more time they spend with the postal service, the more scrambled eggs you'll have, I have had 10 out of 11 arrive scrambled (Ruptured air cell).

Welcome to BYC!
smile.png
Just wanted to say you should feel free to pick the eggs you want and not worry too very much about the distance. USPS can do some amazing things. Most I have shipped and purchased arrived in about 48 hours. I sent one bunch to TX that arrived in less than 25 hours, and I received some from CA that were here in about 36 hours.

As far as the bator, check out some of the posts on the incubating & hatching board. I have a 1588, too, and I have read a lot there about the bator. One that sounded similar to what yours is doing, I think the experienced folks told them to take it back and exchange for a different one, and the person had much better luck. Good luck with your hatching!

If you don't want to fiddle with shipping, I can get you some eggs. Norco is about an hour from LA, and I can just leave them by the gate in a box and you can mapquest it and come get them. I don't hatch the "broody" eggs. They are mixed color cochins, silkies and other mixes. There is a N/N in with marans roo, and a few light colored marans eggs you can have for free. PM me for details if you like.

Back
Top Bottom