NEED HELP AFRICAN GEESE EGGS WHAT TO DO

Discussion in 'Geese' started by speedabug, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    I have just been given African Geese eggs. The owners incubator could only hold 9 so he gave them to me. He said he has had them under a light for 2 days he rotated them a few times a day. They are in the incubator now at 99.5 degrees. I have no idea what to do I need help bad. I need to know what to feed them?, when will they hatch?, when can they go outside?. I have only raised chickens so this will be a first. I really need help so if anyone can help me please do. For the goslings sake.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Hey speedabug,
    Guess what? Your avatar looks very similiar to Yogiman's. As a matter of fact it is the same. [​IMG]

3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    How long were they out of an incubator?

4. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    He had them under a light that was 99.5 degrees he checked it it was 2 days. thanks for trying to help I have no clue what to do.

5. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    What kind of incubator are you using? If it's one of the styrofoam types, it needs a stand-off ring (you could probably make one) or the tops of the eggs will be too close to the heating element and they'll get too warm. Why did he have them under a light? They could sit out for a week at cool room temp and still do fine...

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by