Need help ASAP duckling stuck

How's baby doing? Sorry I just came back on here. Did you put the half in a cup? I would dampen the duckling with some warm water, he looks so dry.
He made it through the night. He’s awake and peeping this morning and trying to preen himself from in his cup. Yes, his bottom of the egg is inside a cup. His face is dry but the rest of him looks not too bad.
I have another problem now, I took a look at what’s going on with the yolk sac. It’s all brown and dried looking now and stuck to the inside of the eggshell. Where it attaches to his body there’s still a lump there. He was trying Really hard to get out of the shell when I took him out to look at him but since it was stuck I was afraid he was going to pull his insides out so I put him back into the bottom of the shell and stuck him back in the incubator.
Any tips for this next step?

He made it through the night. He’s awake and peeping this morning and trying to preen himself from in his cup. Yes, his bottom of the egg is inside a cup. His face is dry but the rest of him looks not too bad.
I have another problem now, I took a look at what’s going on with the yolk sac. It’s all brown and dried looking now and stuck to the inside of the eggshell. Where it attaches to his body there’s still a lump there. He was trying Really hard to get out of the shell when I took him out to look at him but since it was stuck I was afraid he was going to pull his insides out so I put him back into the bottom of the shell and stuck him back in the incubator.
Any tips for this next step?
Can you try to get a picture? It's sometimes so hard to give good advice over the internet, lol.

Can you try to get a picture? It's sometimes so hard to give good advice over the internet, lol.
Here’s a pic. I put him back inside the eggshell after I took this and back in his cup. He seems to want out but I’m not letting him.

394939F6-45F0-4FC8-96D1-20A262F38F64.jpeg

I have my last egg sitting in the incubator. I’ve had a lot of issues with this hatch 25 eggs and only 8 so far survived.
Anyway, let me tell you about this duckling.
the duckling internally pipped days ago (probably Monday or Tuesday). I candled it Tuesday and noticed it was gasping inside the egg. So I made a safety hole and put it back in the incubator. I let 24 hours pass and nothing happened. It was wriggling around and peeping so I made the hole a bit bigger. Since then no attempts at getting out. I’ve been watching the veins go away and today I made the hole a bit bigger but now The membrane is drying out. The duckling is alive and peeping but cannot open its one eye.
How can I help it?? My humidity is high right now, in the high 80s as I read an article saying to up it if you’re helping the duckling.
Should I now try and take it out of its shell?
I used coconut oil around the edges and that helped moisten the membrane so I could peel it off of my chick when she got stuck. I worked slowly and was able to free her. Picture is her right after the hatch, and later this week-she’s the lavender Orpington on the right.

Attachments

• E900869C-75B1-4565-965E-9FED76D44E30.jpeg
    E900869C-75B1-4565-965E-9FED76D44E30.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 9B690235-E6D9-45ED-BDEF-AE2102FC37E5.jpeg
    9B690235-E6D9-45ED-BDEF-AE2102FC37E5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom