Need Help Asap (PICTURES ADDED)

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I know this is not a good sign but I do not wanna cull this baby. It just hatched 30mins to an hour ago fully dried and he cannot hold his head up he just sits and spins with his head tucked under touching his belly...TELL ME WHAT TO DO I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME BEFORE.

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but I doubt there's anything you can do that'll help it, other than leave it be - maybe its just a late bloomer.
Give 'im a little more time.

I would give him more time to come around...Wait a day to see if he comes around. Hatching is tough on them sometimes..

I plan on it I know culling is a fact of life when it comes to hatching and raising I just never have nor know if I can. I just didn't know if I could splint his neck or something.

I'm no help. Good Luck!
wink.png

That's good to hear.. I try to keep a bottle on hand here, standard practice now is first waterer filled half way gets two droppers full of Poly-Vi-Sol Regardless.. It seems to give em a kick start..lol..

I had two do this out of this hatch - one last night and one this morning. Both were tucking their heads to their belly then flopping onto their sides, heads still curled. Both are up and running around like crazy right now. They seemed to just need a little extra time to get their bearings. I'm not sure if that is what is going on with yours, but I thought I'd give you a little hope that things might work out ok.

Oh I hope so! He is holding is head up more and trying to walk around.

EDITED TO ADD PICS:

Here is one of them he just lays there and cries his foot stick out like this all the time he tries to stand up.
13823_picture_266_modified.jpg

Here is the other with the tucked neck this is how he stands it was way worse then this...
13823_picture_267_modified.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom