Need help determining pullet vs cockerel

The seller either really didn't know, and told you what you wanted to hear, or did know, ditto.
There's no way you can keep this group together when these boys start harassing what we all hope is your one pullet; move the cockerels on soon, or plan on having freezer space for them. And get more pullets, not from the original seller.
Mary
Thank you! I had already contacted him and told him I have all these extra boys. He said he can buy them back from me or trade for hens. I know I am running out of time before they start harassing Baby.

Thank you! I had already contacted him and told him I have all these extra boys. He said he can buy them back from me or trade for hens. I know I am running out of time before they start harassing Baby.
I'd definitely try to get him to keep his word and buy back 3 of the 4. Then you'd at least have some company for the pullet until you find more birds. Once he starts harassing her, you could put him in a dog crate in the run, at least they wouldn't be lonely if you have trouble finding actual pullets.

I'd definitely try to get him to keep his word and buy back 3 of the 4. Then you'd at least have some company for the pullet until you find more birds. Once he starts harassing her, you could put him in a dog crate in the run, at least they wouldn't be lonely if you have trouble finding actual pullets.
Thank you! I appreciate the suggestions.

I'm so happy for you! I know all too well the heartache of too many roos: 4 years ago, we we had (roosters-to-hens) 20:40. 😶

We are now at a 'comfortable' 4:21, not counting the April babies!

Of our 15 April babies turned out to be 2:13, and we found homes for the 2 boys that were 2 of my 7 colored egg layers ☹️.

So with the 13 that turned 16 weeks yesterday we are at a very happy 4:34.
🥰🤩😍
I'm glad we both ended up happy with our new Babies😅

I'm so happy for you! I know all too well the heartache of too many roos: 4 years ago, we we had (roosters-to-hens) 20:40. 😶

We are now at a 'comfortable' 4:21, not counting the April babies!

Of our 15 April babies turned out to be 2:13, and we found homes for the 2 boys that were 2 of my 7 colored egg layers ☹️.

So with the 13 that turned 16 weeks yesterday we are at a very happy 4:34.
🥰🤩😍
I'm glad we both ended up happy with our new Babie

It was hard to give up my four boys, i let myself get attached to them. But it did work out. Glad it all worked out for you too! Thank you for checking on this!

Back
Top Bottom