Need help, Duck unable to stretch out neck

TheOneEyedKing

In the Brooder
May 14, 2021
image.jpg
Hello, I’m new here and I tried finding help on other discussions, but no luck. My duck Sunny just today started to look like this, not once have we had a problem with her, and our other duck Penguino seems fine compared to her. She struggles with preening and cannot preen her left side, only barely able to preen her middle and right side. I would very much appreciate some feedback or help, I do not want to lose her.

Now my other duck is beginning to shake his head around throwing up what looks like clear mucus, I’m not sure what is happening.

Sorry, you have not received a reply.
How are your ducks doing?
Could you post a video of the ducks?
If in the unfortunate case they are still acting poorly, can I suggest you move them somewhere warm in close proximity to feed/water, and where you can mointor them better?
Has there been a change at all in their appetite?
If you're noticing a decrease in their eating I suggest, weighing both on a scale so you can determine if there is active weight loss occurring. If they are willing to drink, I would try offering some warm electrolyte fluids such as Gatorade, or Pedialyte.
If you have a humidifier inside, you can also try setting them on near their pen, and that should help loosen some of the mucous you're noticing. The mucous could be due to several things (exp, crop stasis, slugs, bacterial infection). Additional information may help which might be the problem.
https://www.metzerfarms.com/Veterinarians.cfm

Sorry, you have not received a reply.
How are your ducks doing?
Could you post a video of the ducks?
If in the unfortunate case they are still acting poorly, can I suggest you move them somewhere warm in close proximity to feed/water, and where you can mointor them better?
Has there been a change at all in their appetite?
If you're noticing a decrease in their eating I suggest, weighing both on a scale so you can determine if there is active weight loss occurring. If they are willing to drink, I would try offering some warm electrolyte fluids such as Gatorade, or Pedialyte.
If you have a humidifier inside, you can also try setting them on near their pen, and that should help loosen some of the mucous you're noticing. The mucous could be due to several things (exp, crop stasis, slugs, bacterial infection). Additional information may help which might be the problem.
https://www.metzerfarms.com/Veterinarians.cfm
They had recently taken a bath but I wasn’t ably to get a video of her preeing herself, she still struggles to preen her left side, but she is able to move it a little better (using better in the lightest terms possible). She has been able to preen her right side, but it still seems a lot slower than before. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, and she seems to be keeping her head up a lot more than yesterday. My other one seems a lot better as well, he had diarrhea but his poops seems more like they were beforehand. Would it still be advisable to add gatorade to their water, as they both share food and water?

They had recently taken a bath but I wasn’t ably to get a video of her preeing herself, she still struggles to preen her left side, but she is able to move it a little better (using better in the lightest terms possible). She has been able to preen her right side, but it still seems a lot slower than before. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, and she seems to be keeping her head up a lot more than yesterday. My other one seems a lot better as well, he had diarrhea but his poops seems more like they were beforehand. Would it still be advisable to add gatorade to their water, as they both share food and water?
How much are they eating, and drinking?

Sunny has been eating a bit better than before, but now she is making high pitched what sounds like a sneeze, but I'm not really sure what it is

Back
Top Bottom