Need Help Guinea Fowl layed eggs

gunieanoob1

In the Brooder
May 5, 2018
Hello , today I came to feed my guinea fowl and I noticed there we're 6 eggs on the floor . IDK what to do I put dry grass and put the eggs in there in the coop (didn't touch the eggs ) today I went to check on it but the hens are not laying on the eggs I don't know what to do this is the 1st time I've seen it happen because this is my first flock .

Hello , today I came to feed my guinea fowl and I noticed there we're 6 eggs on the floor . IDK what to do I put dry grass and put the eggs in there in the coop (didn't touch the eggs ) today I went to check on it but the hens are not laying on the eggs I don't know what to do this is the 1st time I've seen it happen because this is my first flock .
:welcome
First time layers often drop the eggs where ever they happen to be at the time the urge hits them.

Just because a hen lays an egg does not mean she is broody. At the start of the laying season, it may take a hen upwards of 20 eggs in a clutch before she goes broody and decides to sit on them. It is not uncommon for multiple guinea hens to share a nest. late in the laying season it usually does not take as large a clutch to get a guinea hen to go broody. Also not every guinea hen will go broody.

So what do I do with the eggs , do I just leave them there ? I need help this is 1st time sorry :/

Back
Top Bottom