Need help. I was given a ??dark cornish?? I think.

mhaines4102

Songster
11 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Stroud, Oklahoma
It is a big beautiful bird but I am not sure it is a Cornish. I am pretty sure that the man that the rooster originally came from got it from a hatchery and raised it up. I don't think he had any crosses, but he might have. I just am not sure it looks like the pictures I have seen of a Cornish roo. Boy he has some nice sized spurs on him! He seems gentle enough, a little flighty but not panic-y.
hmm.png
Anyway. what do you guys think.

13675_cornish_facing.jpg

13675_cornish_going.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe they were attempting to make an oriental bird??? Like a Malay or Asil????

Otherwise I'd agree with Dark Cornish, but he stands too tall for that and also doesn't have the breast that a dark cornish would have.

I doubt that's a dark cornish, I'm not positive tho. He may be part cornish tho, he doesn't look stocky enough....
hu.gif
Hmmmmm...... I think I had a Dark Cornish once and It didn't look like that, though I might be mistaken.

I agree Hatchery Dark Cornish Roo, tree stump legs, close feathering, along with the iffy iffy stock hatchery look.

Sorry. He's just a bird. A dark cornish will look nothing like that. They are short, squatty birds with large eyes. I would not even say he's a hatchery cornish. He's just a cross breed. I dark cornish looks like a dark cornish, not kinda like one. He's just a mutt.

Back
Top Bottom