Need help identifying ducklings....

CrystaBub

Crowing
6 Years
Mar 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley
Hi - I'm brand new to raising ducks. I bought 2 ducklings at TSC 3 weeks ago and I believe they are about 4 weeks old. I'm posting a link to a youtube video because I need help determining the breed of one of them. If anyone would be so kind to review and provide thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The lighter of the 2 (Gabby) I believe is a fawn and white Indian Runner - her fawn colored feathers came in this week. The more yellow duckling (Jabby) is the one that I can't figure out - is it a runner or pekin or what???? Help :)

Thanks for the reply Miss Lydia. They stay indoors in our bathroom with a heater - we just let them out this one day to run around the yard - we had a ONE day break of winter! Can't wait til the real Spring weather kicks in and they can play outside more. I'm posting another video to see if it helps - it hasn't finished loading yet so give it a few minutes. Thanks so much for taking a look!

It's just so sweet when they follow us like we're their mommy's

I am pretty sure Gabby is fawn and white Runner not sure if Jabby is a Runner couldn't get a good look at her bill My Runners when tiny had distinct bill shape from other breeds. slight curved. They sure look healthy.

Maybe @ViolinPlayer123 Has an idea I see she looked too.

It's just so sweet when they follow us like we're their mommy's

I am pretty sure Gabby is fawn and white Runner not sure if Jabby is a Runner couldn't get a good look at her bill My Runners when tiny had distinct bill shape from other breeds. slight curved. They sure look healthy.

Maybe @ViolinPlayer123 Has an idea I see she looked too.
I'm stuck on this one. Your correct in the Runner but Jabby seems to similar in size to be a Pekin. You might have to wait this one out. :)

It's size that is also throwing me off you'd think if Jabby was Pekin she would be larger than Gabby being she is Runner. But also take a look at their legs where they sit under their body Runners legs are set close other domestics are set farther apart.

Back
Top Bottom