Need help identifying this breed

Pics
OMG! what more do you want vet says she is a she... I’m 95% sure that she laid that egg today I’ve been told via my other forum that she is a she and her face says she is a she... SHE HAS NO SADDLES saddles are on both sides she has what appears to be saddles on one side BECAUSE HER WING IS CLIPPED the other side is not clipped... so please show me feel free to ACTUALLY SHOW ME where her FREAKING SADDLES ARE

See those, long, thin, shiny feathers? Those are saddles coming in. 😊

1CA6C465-44C3-43C4-A0FB-E114F429A0CA.jpeg

OMG! what more do you want vet says she is a she... I’m 95% sure that she laid that egg today I’ve been told via my other forum that she is a she and her face says she is a she... SHE HAS NO SADDLES saddles are on both sides she has what appears to be saddles on one side BECAUSE HER WING IS CLIPPED the other side is not clipped... so please show me feel free to ACTUALLY SHOW ME where her FREAKING SADDLES ARE
Here’s the saddles
BB054509-18E3-4020-B8BB-D44512EEA181.jpeg

If you want I could show you my cuckoo cockerel who also has saddles that size :) Your bird is very pretty.

Why do people insist on being right all the flippin time? If OP says the bird is a girl and it just laid an egg, do you people seriously need to throw it back in their face that the chicken is a cockerel? Maybe it's a masculine looking pullet. I've seen some masculine looking female humans and would never argue with them in what they really are. There are chickens out there who look like one sex but are really another. With hundreds of thousands of members on this site, is it really so hard to believe that the OP has one of those? Good grief and good day

Why do people insist on being right all the flippin time? If OP says the bird is a girl and it just laid an egg, do you people seriously need to throw it back in their face that the chicken is a cockerel? Maybe it's a masculine looking pullet. I've seen some masculine looking female humans and would never argue with them in what they really are. There are chickens out there who look like one sex but are really another. With hundreds of thousands of members on this site, is it really so hard to believe that the OP has one of those? Good grief and good day
Because girls do not grow saddle feathers.

You’re right. That could be the case. I hope OP will continue updating us. Her bird is surely an interesting case

You guys might want to consider the possibility that the OP is correct about their chicken's sex. It is not outside the realm of possibility that a pullet can present with cockerel like characteristics. The phenomenon is well documented--it can occur because of hormone imbalance, such as what is caused by infections of the reproductive system. It's hard to pin down, because of the variability of the impact on the various cases, but it can manifest as a few masculine traits all the way to looking entirely like a male while still laying eggs (a possible origin of the cockatrice myths).

There are several famous cases if y'all want to look into it--"The Rooster of Basel", a hen who appeared to be male her whole life, so when she started laying they burnt her at the stake (this was the 1400s so...yeah); more recently in the US "The Rooster of Madison". There is a lot of variability in nature and for you all to continue to brow beat the OP when they have made pretty much every reasonable attempt to present evidence is beyond me. Is nothing short of an autopsy required to consider the possibility that they might be right?

Back
Top Bottom