Need help identifying this breed

Pics
I also believe @nicalandia or @Egghead_Jr have cited articles that prove that rose-combed birds do not suffer from fertility issues and that crossing single combed birds into them was one of the worst disservices that had been made to the Wyandotte breed.

Either way you cut it, they aren't pure Silkie. :)
Either way, those recessive genes are still there. They’re most likely as pure as any hatchery silkie.

I also believe @nicalandia or @Egghead_Jr have cited articles that prove that rose-combed birds do not suffer from fertility issues and that crossing single combed birds into them was one of the worst disservices that had been made to the Wyandotte breed.

Either way you cut it, they aren't pure Silkie. :)
Apparently they are spose to be Chinese silkies
one has mulberry earlobes one has blue earlobes
mum was fluffy like the chicks but dad didn’t even have a puff ball on his head....

either way I’m happy coz they make Ginny happy... they were bought to keep her company after she lost her sister and went into hiding..... refused to get out bed and hid in every hole nook and cranny she could find around the yard.... I think she feels she has purpose again.

My English Orpingtons don't get any sort of spur until they are nearly a year old. Caspian, my Silver-laced Orpington is going on a year now and has tiny bumps. So using spurs, or the lack thereof, to sex a cockerel is not an accurate way of doing so.

So why are you saying its a pullet if you can't sex them?

A Barnevelder cockerel. That bird is not a pullet.

This is a pullet...

View attachment 2546053

This is a rooster with females...

View attachment 2546051View attachment 2546052View attachment 2546054View attachment 2546055

Males, and with single combs that are red at this age indicate male, and poor quality in terms of meeting the breed standard.

Pullets

Pullet

Pullet
GORGEOUS!!!

Honestly I have 0 doubt Aubrey is a cockerel. he has male specific feathering and colouring (golden saddle feathers) which I do not believe malnutrition would cause. I find Wyandottes to be slow developing here and missing tail feathers very common. these are examples of golden laced Wyandotte cockerels aged 3-4 months old, you can see the last two that are 4 months old are still feminine looking but are in fact cockerels
s-l800 (1).jpg s-l800.jpg s-l800 (2).jpg s-l800 (3).jpg

what happened to him? i had a sweetheart roo as well. 2 really. i think smaller roos are less mean
My neighbour complained to the council and the council made me rehome him.... I only had him for a week or 2.... I even asked my council ranger if I could keep him with the use of a no crow collar and they said No...

wasn’t very happy about having to rehome him...

Back
Top Bottom