Need help identifying what happened to my feed

I agree on the oats. I think it's decreasing their feed intake too much. Same with the sprouted wheat. I do try to avoid corn in scratch grains bc my older hen has liver issues and for some reason smells like corn all the time.
Here I can buy scratch that's called classic scratch so it has way less corn..Even a wild bird seed works if it's less corn as a scratch grain..

What is the difference between a starter versus the grower? I put my hens on layer feed in the spring and summer but switched to starter when I got him bc they stopped laying at that point. I don't think they make his food in grower but I can look around if needed.

Natures Best organic has a starter grower 18 % protein at TSC. I used this for my girls till layer feed and did great! I would also stop extras. No raw diet. I would also add electrolytes in water such as sav a chick. A grower feed is also age appropriate if find. Have poultry grit and OS on side for hens.

Natures Best organic has a starter grower 18 % protein at TSC. I used this for my girls till layer feed and did great! I would also stop extras. No raw diet. I would also add electrolytes in water such as sav a chick. A grower feed is also age appropriate if find. Have poultry grit and OS on side for hens. Did you treat for coccidiosis with Corid?
I'm sorry and not contradicting you at all but electrolytes are not needed because hard on the heart due to the salt content. With Chickens..Less is more beneficial...

Scratch grains is indeed only for adult chickens if you read the label. The earliest on chicken feed charts it is recommended is 28 weeks or greater. Technically not adult till a year of age. There is better protein out there as well such as dried mealworms but I think we digress as we really are dealing with a rooster whom she thinks may not still be feeling quite right. I wouldn’t provide treats at this time for sure. Sav a chick is helpful as quick pick me up in short term usuallly for 5 days then just fresh water and see if helps perk them up.

Back
Top Bottom