Need help making broth

pattijoiner

Chirping
Feb 20, 2021
North Georgia
How do you all make your stock or bone broth with your carcass? I guess I’m not straining it enough at the end? I love to sip on bone broth but anytime over tried to make it, it’s gross 🤢 help!

gross because of the flavor? chunks?

I usually roast my bones first in the oven for 30 or so minutes and then boil them to make the broth.

When I make Crock Pot Chicken Stock it comes out so strong and rich that I often need to dilute it.

Some people strain their broth through cheesecloth to make it clearer.

Many people chill it to remove the grease.

Possibly a stupid question, but did you remember to add salt to taste when you were ready to eat it? (I don't add salt in cooking but some people do).

I agree, it would really help to know what method you are currently using and why you don't like your product.

My method is to put chicken feet and bones -- usually pre-roasted in the oven -- into the slow cooker along with onion, carrot celery, parsley thyme and peppercorns and let it go on low for 24 + hours. Strain and can. I don't add salt until I'm ready to use it. Generally speaking, the older the chicken, the better the broth. This is what works for me. You may or may not like it.

Back
Top Bottom