Need Help Please

Ok folks I went and bought a digital thermometer/hygrometer and my humidity level is running around 41-46% but I had to raise the temp by about six degrees because the mercury thermometer was about 6-7 degrees low. I'm assuming the digital one is the one I should go by right? Will that big of temp difference do you think it hurt the eggs any? Thanks..

First let me say I have never hatched turkeys... If you went to tsc you probably got a little giant incubator. Don't listen to all the nasty things people say about them, they take finesse and careful patient watching. I recommend you read the thread "little giant tricks" or something very close to that. I use an lg and I have 90% hatch rates.

With a still air incubator your goal is to get the CENTER of the egg to 99*, but you have still air... So you have 3 thermometers. One on top of the eggs, one sitting on the screen, and one resting at the middle of the eggs (set it on a paperback you don't care about). Some people use aquarium thermometers because they are small, cheap, and pretty reliable.

I use a little giant with an autoturner and fan kit. I dry hatch my chicken eggs and have been using 40% humidity on my duck eggs. Please keep us posted, and good luck.

Ok thanks I had to edit my post mine is reading 41 right now sorry bout that

Hello. Just wanted to give you an update on my eggies. Today is day 7 and I candled them for the first time. Out of 14 eggs, 1 had a bloodring...so I tossed it, 6 have the "black dot" (haha) and 7 have veining. I think the 6 that already have the eye development are from the first batch my hen laid...she must have sat on them some what and started the incubation process, so it's possible those 6 may hatch a little sooner. (?) Have you candled yet????

Couldn't get to it today maybe tomorrow, if not tomorrow defiantly Thursday. I'll give you an update when I do though. Does the veining come before the black dot? Thanks for the update!!

Last edited:
Was just giving an update just candled eggs this morning. I've got six turkey and six Dominique eggs in the incubator all six turkey egg have the black dot it appeared one was moving some and it was bigger than the rest could see very little veining I guess cause the eggs are so dark and speckled. Now for the six chicken eggs all but two had the dot and I could see a lot of veining on them the two I took out had the blood ring, I was very impressed to see so much difference than the last time. Thanks!!!

Keep us updated, Im following this thread with great interest. Im thinking about buying the TSC incubator and egg turner and trying my hand at several types of birds. My little mail order turkeys are growing nicely and I think I may get some heritage breed eggs. Fun, fun, fun.

I Have been following too .. are you hand turning ? Its going to be hard to have seperate hatch dates especially if you are unsure of the exact dates . I really want to hear a Happy ending !

Yes I'm hand turning, I try and turn them at least three times a day. Yeah I've been told about the separate hatching dates not for sure yet how that is going to work out yet. Thanks for yalls interest.

Well I just got a call from my daughter and she said the electricity had been out for an hour and forty five minutes, we had some storms move through and knocked the power out. So I guess this does it for my first incubation right or is there any chance they could make it.

NO<NO<NO<NO...keep going!! WHat did the temp get down to? I've had my temp go all the way down to 83 overnight and they still developed. Just keep an eye on them. I don't get this "separate hatch" thing. Whats that all about?

Back
Top Bottom