Need help???? Please :)

Don't know how, but I think the incubator reset itself :( Woke up this morning to the temp saying 32.5c :( Will the chicks still be ok?
Will that 5c make a huge difference?

Mine fluxuated (sp) all over, One morning woke up and the temp was 104...... I'm sitting here listening to the latest chick to have hatched, I believe were at 15 or 16 now with two more trying to zip... A minor chage wont make a differance as long as you catch it and dont let it go for days :)

Thankyou :) One egg seems to be doing great and it's only day 5 :) can see embryo starting to form quite well.
Out of the 9 eggs I put in, seems 2 might be a fail, but will give them some more time, you never know ;)

Thankyou :) One egg seems to be doing great and it's only day 5 :) can see embryo starting to form quite well.
Out of the 9 eggs I put in, seems 2 might be a fail, but will give them some more time, you never know ;)

yeah, dont give up...at day 14 and 18 the three eggs that I put question marks on hatched out just fine...
big_smile.png

Out of 23 that made it to lockdown, my final count was 20 hatched... I was pretty darn happy! watch your humidity tho, I almost lost a chick because it went to high during a mass hatch.... when it finally hatched it was covered in a thick sticky goo, it stuck to the bottom of the incubator because I didnt realize the problem right away, I ended up taking it out and giving it a warm bath and brushing it with a soft tooth brush to remove all of the goo, dried it off then gave it a few drops of sugar water...Its doing great and out with the other peeps in the brooder eating and drinking just fine

It's official, I am an idiot!!!!!!
So upset with myself right now :(
Candling the eggs and one accidentally slipped out of my hand and now has a tiny little crack in it :(
Just a hair line crack, but it's no good now right?
She was one of THE most healthiest out of the lot too :(

It's official, I am an idiot!!!!!!
So upset with myself right now :(
Candling the eggs and one accidentally slipped out of my hand and now has a tiny little crack in it :(
Just a hair line crack, but it's no good now right?
She was one of THE most healthiest out of the lot too :(

I read somewhere that folks use clear fingernail polish...Do a quick search...don't give up yet!!!

Ooooh thank you :) I'll give it a try :) thank you
bow.gif

Nail polish is on :) Lucky I had a bottle for my car lol Just a cheap brand be ok though?
I suppose it would be better cause some of the expensive brands have an oil in them :)
I'll keep you posted :) thank you

Last edited:
Ooooh thank you :) I'll give it a try :) thank you
bow.gif

Nail polish is on :) Lucky I had a bottle for my car lol Just a cheap brand be ok though?
I suppose it would be better cause some of the expensive brands have an oil in them :)
I'll keep you posted :) thank you

Good Luck!!! I know how hard it is to come so far and then make a mistake..
hugs.gif

Keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom