Need help QUICK!!!me.

Quote:
fl.gif

there's two membranes. One along the shell which is normally white - the yellowish part on the one is where it has been exposed to air for awhile. It may be drying out.

The second is actually covering the chick and is almost transparent with blood vessels and such in it.

YoungBiddy - sorry I will let you walk her through any further steps - I keep getting distracted
smile.png
and you are on the ball!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
fl.gif

there's two membranes. One along the shell which is normally white - the yellowish part on the one is where it has been exposed to air for awhile. It may be drying out.

The second is actually covering the chick and is almost transparent with blood vessels and such in it.

YoungBiddy - sorry I will let you walk her through any further steps - I keep getting distracted
smile.png
and you are on the ball!!!

Not at all, I'm glad someone else is here to encourage her, too. Hatching is so nerve-wracking.

Especially the first time! I want to say it gets easier.......but not always! I still have to tell DH to stop quit and don't
gig.gif
And he has been hatching wayyyyyyy longer than me.

Last edited:
I can NOT thanks you all enough!!! Really...thanks!!!
It is day 22/23 ( two batches about 12 hours apart)
The membrane that I see where the small piece of egg had fallen off is white.

White is good.

To me, they pip & zip together.
Some say they pip the egg then go back around and pip the membrane.

What kind of eggs?

I am playing mahjong on pogo while waiting to see if any more wyandottes will hatch here
smile.png

Last edited:
Also...I can see them moving in there and pushing on the area where the membrane is showing, but not breaking through other then the small original crack in the membrane. It has been like this since 8am when I woke up today.

What you see right under the egg is the outer membrane, which is white unless it's stained by blood or super dry. Under that is the air cell and the inner membrane around the chick. The inner membrane is what you need to be worried about at this point. You won't be able to see it unless you peel back the outer membrane, I'm afraid.

Now, the eggs that just pipped will be fine because you upped your humidity. The egg that was already pipped is most likely too dry. The only way to find out is to very gently pull the shell and outer membrane back from the pipped hole and look. If you see another white membrane around the chick, it's dry and needs to be moistened. If you can see the chick through the inner membrane then it's moist enough for the chick to hatch by itself without further assistance.

Back
Top Bottom