need help to decide

rendonhen

Songster
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
rendon, tx
My hubby said i can pick out the next breed of chickens we get. I really am taking a liking to the goldenlaced polish chickens. Anyone have pictures and advice? I know they are beautiful, but what else do the have to offer? I have read about them, but i want personal opinions from people that have some experience with them.

PLEASE
frow.gif

There are four breeds i am trying to choose from.....golden laced polish, white creste polish, cubalaya, and silkis. I would appreciate any personal info on them.

Hi there(from another Texan).

I wish I could help you but I don't own any of the breeds you are looking into getting. I just ordered some silkies and polish for my niece's birthday so I'll be following your thread to see what kind of responses you get.

Good luck with whatever new babies you choose!

You can see some of those breeds on my web-site(I have to take pics of my GL). Silkies & Polish are my favorites. Standard Polish lay a good size egg, are pretty good layers, do not often go broody and are just funny to watch. They can be very inquisitive and friendly. If you free range them you will want to cut back their top knots so they can see danger.
Silkies are my love. i have one that lives in the house and goes places with me. They can act more like a dog then a chicken. She will run across the floor and talk till I pick her up, then she will lay on my chest with her feet kicked out to the side. They are docile, sweet chickens for the most part, they seem to like attention from people, they are great for kids because they do not fly and their topknot blocks their view. I do not free range mine. Hawks think they are rabbits.

7205_sophie1.jpg

Sophia the Diva Chicken

7205_blepolishrooface.jpg

One of my White crested Blues

big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hey Girl!
I had to put my two cents in. I am liking the goldenlaced polish chickens myself. I don't have them yet. We are getting RIR/mixed hens this weekend from my hubby's parents. they are already laying. Woo hoo!

Let me know what you decide!

Chickenjones

Well I am just doing research right now. We are going to try to get them after winter....that way we can built yet another coop and run.
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks to everyone that put there two cents in, I appreciate it. I decided on the golden laced polish, hubby wants white crested polish, And we might throw in a few silver laced polish as well....not sure about that yet. It all depends on how many we can get.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom