Need help with chicks

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
So I have two chicks and I was wondering why I’d there belly button like this I was kinda worried but thy look good to me but can anyone tell me what’s going on and if they’ll make it
E6F343D4-89A3-4151-B47C-21DD8F079349.jpeg
pardon my dirty hands and nails hard work is never clean
15F59ACA-D2F5-4600-8496-78DC33E07856.jpeg

Yikes, best to let a chick rest and dry off after hatching before opening Incubator or handling. Their organs are adjusting after being attached to placenta and warmth and rest needed. (Also if some shell is still attach to lower half don't pull it...as a belly button tear ior worse can result). just check hatching humidity heat and keep them safe awhile longer. They are still digesting food from inside the Shell too, and the least disturbance possible may help their organs cope. Hope to see pix of her in a few days!

Yikes, best to let a chick rest and dry off after hatching before opening Incubator or handling. Their organs are adjusting after being attached to placenta and warmth and rest needed. (Also if some shell is still attach to lower half don't pull it...as a belly button tear ior worse can result). just check hatching humidity heat and keep them safe awhile longer. They are still digesting food from inside the Shell too, and the least disturbance possible may help their organs cope. Hope to see pix of her in a few days!
I kept her with her mother because I don’t have an incubator but some shell was attached but I guess it fell off but I’m going to try and check her out now and thank you for responding and yes! Pictures will be up on this journey

they are looking super good this morning!
BF624167-6716-46C5-99D0-9491800E6578.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom