Need help with malpositioned pigeon chick!!

Pics
@backyard pigeons Thats awesome!! :love how are the eggs doing?
My pigeo has gone missing :hit he has been gone for 2 weeks now and we are absolutely devasted! Just isnt the same without him! We are keeping positive though and hoping he will return to us :fl
Oh nooo! Im so sorry Laura! :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I hope the new one pulls through! :fl

Thank you @WVduckchick ! I will defo need to check out your pigeons :) i know i shouldnt bother hah my pigeo comes first!

Thank you @CCUK , yeah maybe one day he'll surprise us! Yes he fit right into the flock that lives around me, you wouldnt know he was tame from how he flew about and interacted with them. He would go in and out the window as he pleased but would always be back for it getting dark. The day he went missing he flew on to my head and i was about to shut the window as it was just getting dark but all the feral ones outside got a fright and flew off and he flew off too! Usually he would come straight back or at least the next day :hmm
My money is he's found a mate and is with the rest of the flock. He may well come back but if he does have a mate I'm sure he will be fine. Hopefully this other one will pull through. You could become a pigeon rescue!

Thank you @WVduckchick ! I will defo need to check out your pigeons :) i know i shouldnt bother hah my pigeo comes first!

Thank you @CCUK , yeah maybe one day he'll surprise us! Yes he fit right into the flock that lives around me, you wouldnt know he was tame from how he flew about and interacted with them. He would go in and out the window as he pleased but would always be back for it getting dark. The day he went missing he flew on to my head and i was about to shut the window as it was just getting dark but all the feral ones outside got a fright and flew off and he flew off too! Usually he would come straight back or at least the next day :hmm
That's hopeful, at least he probably roosted with them that night. Maybe a girl pigeon convinced him to start nest building. Do you still put out feed for the wild flock?

Like WV said the Pigeon talk thread is active and you can ask questions there if you don't want to starrt a new thread. Of course we will all help as much as we can!

Thank you @Fields Mountain Farm , i hope he pulls through too :fl hes just a wee young one!

I was hoping that @CCUK but the flock always come to me for food and hes not been with them :hmm who knows where hes off to! Definitely lol thats my plan! Need to build up some experience and ill be on my way :D
How old do you think he may be?
And you should deffinetly stop in on the pigeon talk thread! :D

Hes doing great! All the parasites are gone :) hes eating really well and has started doing all the usual preening and stretching. We are pretty sure he is completely blind as he doesnt react to movement and keeps feeling out his surroundings with his beak. So he will probably be unrealeasable, however im hopeful he will get stronger and still be able to have a happy life as ive read some articles online about blind pigeons. We are going to phone up some vets tomorrow to see who will be able to have a look at him and have him properly checked out :)

Back
Top Bottom