Need help with my dog

You're very welcome! Just be patient. Right now, I know it seems like you'll NEVER get your new "baby" trained, but this won't be forever. In the long run, though, you're investing a month or two in a family member who will give you years of love in return ... and judging by that beautiful face, he'll be well worth the education you put into him, now!
He does great he knows sit, leave it, focus, lay, down, back up, go play and come, also drop it but we are still working on stay and potty training.

What do I know just had a few house dogs.However I had many loyal catch dogs.Everyone has the way they do things.Some approaches take way longer.End results the main factor.The house dogs were retired catch dogs However.Yes tone of your voice gives them a hint of what youdon't like but action with it always remembered.Believe it or not your dogs will show your character .Cheers

I did adopt a dog once who had a UTI. There was no blood. She peed every fifteen minutes or something crazy. It was pretty obvious but when I had been to look at her a couple days before adopting her she seemed perfectly fine. I actually didn't keep her (not because she had a UTI but because that was the tip of the iceberg with her health issues). I had a lab once that was sort of trained to pee inside as a puppy and she took ages to housebreak but she wouldn't mess her kennel. Its hard for me to imagine the circumstances under which a dog would be comfortable doing that regularly.
Me too it's not large so he literally sits in in it. Dont get me wrong hes kinda dumb lol but I dont think he is that dumb. And I clean it right away and give home a bath with dawn dish soap. I want try and make his place tighter but I just dont know if it would help. I have a zoom meeting with a behavioral trainer. That does great so I am hoping that she will have good advice

Ok but will that teach him that thays what he does? Or will it just help in the meantime?
I am not sure I understand the question. If you are asking if the male wraps will help housebreak him, the answer is no. It will just save your floors. My little Sammy had a stroke and was incontinent for a few weeks. I kept the male wraps on him and removed them when I put him out to pee.

Well I have raised many dogs of the years but never one that pee in his kennel,pooped on concrete, and pees in his kennel, and he happy pees. Am o doing something wrong? I love the guy but holy crap. Would diapers help so something. Or what am I doing wrong
Try taking him out right before putting him in his kennel. Also if he pees in the house you need to take him outside right away. Im not sure about happy peeing im not sure about the pooping on concrete. But what breed and age is he?

What's a dog toliet? I think the reason he does this is because he was a clearance puppy so he was 4 almost 5 months when I got him and I think he sat in a crate in a pull barn and pooped. And pee in his kennel so he does understand that's not what we do
That is more than likely what started this. By showing him that peeing in his kennel is not good he will stop thebad behavior.

What's a dog toliet? I think the reason he does this is because he was a clearance puppy so he was 4 almost 5 months when I got him and I think he sat in a crate in a pull barn and pooped. And pee in his kennel so he does understand that's not what we do
20220501_111143.jpg

Our dogs don't like the grate much, so it's up. That's a sent soaker on the post that I made to make it more attractive. All of it is a work in progress.

Training our old dogs to use this, & not all over the house when we leave to care for the chickens. They used to be house broken, but went in reverse when our older brother would leave them alone for who knows how long, instead of taking them potty.

Well I have raised many dogs of the years but never one that pee in his kennel,pooped on concrete, and pees in his kennel, and he happy pees. Am o doing something wrong? I love the guy but holy crap. Would diapers help so something. Or what am I doing wrong
He looks very much like my Red Golden. Is he a golden mix? Mine did the happy pee and grew out of it. He looks very young so I think he will grow out of it. Some dogs just don't do great in crates, others do. Considering that he was not fairly and appropriately crate trained before you got him you probably shouldn't force the crate has he now sees it as a bad place instead of a "safe place," You're saying kennel though, if it's a large kennel put some pee pee pads in it, they are supposed to "go," in kennels. Is it a crate or a kennel? Not all dog's have a great ability to "hold it," so you probably have to work hard at allowing him outside more. The whole thing is a bit confusing but seems pretty normal for puppyhood. How old is he?

Back
Top Bottom