Need help with sexing

Airamx

Chirping
Jun 23, 2023
Hello friends,
We are new to chickens. We have two 14 week old Azure Blue and I have a really hard time determining exactly what they are.
To me it seems that we have one of each? - a hen and a rooster, but I really don’t know.
Web searching Azure Blue roosters doesn’t really bring me any visual references obvious enough that I can with certainty determine what ours are.
Please help!
1CED15D8-10AD-4117-917E-DFBC6CA536D6.jpeg

843FA750-E4C3-4756-BD9E-2490DC3BA9E2.jpeg
AAD4B98B-0A0B-45C5-B8F7-7A3E1A6E9CF7.jpeg

Hello friends,
We are new to chickens. We have two 14 week old Azure Blue and I have a really hard time determining exactly what they are.
To me it seems that we have one of each? - a hen and a rooster, but I really don’t know.
Web searching Azure Blue roosters doesn’t really bring me any visual references obvious enough that I can with certainty determine what ours are.
Please help!
View attachment 3643666
View attachment 3643667View attachment 3643669
I'm really thinking they are probably both females and they are so pretty😍

Hello friends,
Please help!
View attachment 3643666
View attachment 3643667View attachment 3643669
They are lovely, since this was a few weeks ago maybe they have started laying, but if not then I am going to say both are pullets, if the one with the bright red comb and wattles didn’t have those at let’s say 5 or 6 weeks I would go with pullets.

Also if the one hasn’t been crowing yet then it is unlikely to be a cockerel.

This is one of my Azurs she started laying back in Aug - unfortunately I don’t know her hatch date as she was an unexpected purchase at the feed mill for me one day (somehow 3 pullets ended up in my truck on chick days - imagine that 😆), they all have awesome combs and wattles. A legacy of the Leghorn in their background.

1616040C-05E4-4C82-95F5-F78B72F8DA61.jpeg

They are lovely, since this was a few weeks ago maybe they have started laying, but if not then I am going to say both are pullets, if the one with the bright red comb and wattles didn’t have those at let’s say 5 or 6 weeks I would go with pullets.

Also if the one hasn’t been crowing yet then it is unlikely to be a cockerel.

This is one of my Azurs she started laying back in Aug - unfortunately I don’t know her hatch date as she was an unexpected purchase at the feed mill for me one day (somehow 3 pullets ended up in my truck on chick days - imagine that 😆), they all have awesome combs and wattles. A legacy of the Leghorn in their background.

View attachment 3656752
Thank you ☺️♥️. Oooh she’s gorgeous!!!
Yes, I think that they are both hens at this point. No, they haven’t started laying just yet, fingers crossed 🤞♥️

Back
Top Bottom