Need help with sick chick

littlegip

Songster
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Romulus Michigan
Hello everyone , I'm very new to raising chickens ,we have two 3 month old Isa chicks and 1 of them is not doing well ,it all started about 2 weeks ago , for 2 days she had what looked to us like seizures she had 2 one day and like 5 the next day ,she would start jurking and flop around the coop for about 5to 10 sec then just lay for a few mins , we thought she was a gonner ,but sence then she just stands with feathers fluffed and head tucked ,she eats and drinks but very little ,not like her sister ,she is pooping ..hardly and scraching ,,just nothing standing. when i ipen the coop in the mornings to let then out she is standing in the corner same way ,we just don't know what to do for her ,if anyone has and ideas i would be most greatful she is the sweetest chicken.

hope someone has an idea soon ..
smile.png

I don't know what is wrong with her, but I do know chickens can have neurological problems from vitamin deficiencies. You could give her some infant vitamin drops without iron, and some vitamin E. Get some live culture yogurt in her, too -- might need to mix a little with some chick feed to get her eating it. Check your feed carefully for mold; it can be deadly. If she gets water in her feed, clean and sanitize the feeder.

I don't know if this will help or not, but it won't hurt her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom