NEED HELP!

My duck can't walk or stand.whats the problem??..NEED HELP asap!

• What to get them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What can I do

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for your advice so helpful.if you don't really know nothing bout it please don't reply thanks!

Actually know more about ducks on here than probably anybody else I have every type of duck is except a crested duck. I'm the only one who actually told you facts and not opinions. I'm assuming you didn't click on the link or even read the article. It's a shame cuz opinions aren't going to get you far but facts will!

Thanks for your advice so helpful.if you don't really know nothing bout it please don't reply thanks!

If the problem is due to the cresting, then they're right, there IS nothing that could be done.

Cresting is caused by a fatal gene. Any duck that gets two copies dies before it can hatch. The crest is caused by a hole in the skull, which the crest sits on top of.

Additionally, the gene can cause all kinds of neurological issues, like seizures, walking in circles - and lameness.

But before jumping to the conclusion that this definitely the case, the niacin issue should be addressed first.

Find something like very coarse sandy soil put it in a bowl and offer it to the ducks. That will help digest the wild seed you have given them. Ideally you’d get grit, but sand is better than nothing, and it isn’t like wild ducks go to the store for grit.

Try putting some peas in water and offer them too. There are recipes online to make your own duck feed with things like oats and such.

If the problem is due to the cresting, then they're right, these IS nothing that could be done.

Cresting is caused by a fatal gene. And duck that gets two copies dies before it can hatch. The crest is caused by a hole in the skull, which the crest sits on top of.

Additionally, the gene can cause all kinds of neurological issues, like seizures, walking in circles - and lameness.

But before jumping to the conclusion that this definitely the case, the niacin issue should be addressed first.

Hence the reason I asked for a food ingredients label.

Yes I'll start with chic starter if I can find a place where they have them at

Chick starter is an improvement over birdseed, but it won't have enough niacin, so you will also need to get a niacin supplement. Tractor Supply sells something called Vitamin B Complex. Get that too, and give him 1 ml a day.

Actually know more about ducks on here than probably anybody else I have every type of duck is except a crested duck. I'm the only one who actually told you facts and not opinions. I'm assuming you didn't click on the link or even read the article. It's a shame cuz opinions aren't going to get you far but facts will!
Exactly! If you have every other duck besides the type of duck I have why you commenting? .those are opinions hun not facts.so your right opinions won't get me far but facts will..sorry sweety move on.

Back
Top Bottom