I have an Rcom. They are fantastic incubators, but you'll get sticker shock when you see the price.

I've looked at them...I only passed it up because of price but clearly I could have gotten an Rcom...2 Nurture Rights and an IncuView later. :lau
I got my old Little Giant with turner for $15 used and my friend is giving me her Hovabator. I can't pass up an incubator deal. At this rate I'll have one of everything in a year or so, lol. Maybe I'll perform a side by side experiment eventually! :D

R-Com really is the gold standard for tabletops, but for pete's sake, you could get a cabinet for the price!

I know everyone loves Brinsea to death, but I don't think they're worth the price.
Going to have to respectfully disagree on whether Brinseas are worth the price - my Octagon Advance 20 is rock solid, totally dependable, and completely worth the $. I would trust the most expensive eggs to it - it holds temps very reliably and I've consistently had excellent hatches in it. :)

I think you were clear that it was your opinion - I just feel differently about it. We can amicably agree to disagree, right? :D
Well sure, just wanted to clarify for the wider audience :)

The Brinseas are fine machines, obviously. For my purposes though, and the way I incubate, the styrofoam tabletops are a better value and easier to monitor temperature and humidity. I *do* wish GQF would make a plastic liner without wells at all though for lockdown, as I typically fill the entire bottom for lockdown to keep me at about 65% and for ease of filling without opening, but they responded to my e-mail that they see absolutely NO need to do that, period. So I'm stuck with a stained bottom :confused:

Back
Top Bottom