Jul 22, 2017
Hey everyone! So, here is the story. I have had a Magicfly incubator for awhile now and have hatched many chicks from it and normally get 95-100 percent hatch rate each time, (SUCH a good incubator) but I decided I wanted something bigger so I ordered a bigger incubator off of amazon with okay reviews and now long story short I have only 8 forming babies left out of 28 . The humidity and temperature CONSTANTLY flunctuate, and it killed basically every single one when in the beginning they were forming just fine. I should have know when it came with a sketchy plastic top but it is just getting worse. Anyways, this incubator is no good and once these babies hatch I am hopefully returning it. But I need help finding a good incubator! Here is what I would prefer..

-can do around 50 or more eggs (no less than 40.)
-has good display
-easy to use and most importantly clean
-automatic egg turner
-price less than 250.00 (no more than 300)

Thank you BYC family! I hope you can help! ❤️❤️

Well I can tell you what I did. I love my Nurture Right 360s so much I just bought 2 of them to satisfy my egg counts. It's convenient to have them separate when hatching breeds that look similar, or different bloodlines as well. The incubator holds 22 eggs so that would be 44 eggs if you get 2 of them and it's still within your budget. :D

The HovaBators are my preference, as many probably know by now lol. The 1588 Genesis has a full clear top for easy viewing, is forced air, and digital temperature and humidity readouts. It's the priciest of the HovaBator line, but under $200 I believe.

There is also the 2370 model, which is forced air and digital, but smaller windows. That one is under $100, not sure if a turner would bump it over or not.

Then there's my preference, the 1602n, which uses a wafer thermostat and has no readouts whatsoever, but you really have to go through a process to get it set up and learn how to use it. Involving calibrating two dial thermometers and attaching a wick to one. But it's extremely consistent for me.

Now, if you're willing to spend up to $250, what you need to do first is to scour your local Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace and search for "incubator" because there are often cabinet incubators for near that price, depending on your area. That would allow you to set a LOT more eggs at one time. It's a good idea regardless, because there will often be HovaBators on there for half price or less too, and replacement parts aren't too pricy. I use www.incubatorwarehouse.com for incubators and parts, great service.

The HovaBators are my preference, as many probably know by now lol. The 1588 Genesis has a full clear top for easy viewing, is forced air, and digital temperature and humidity readouts. It's the priciest of the HovaBator line, but under $200 I believe.

There is also the 2370 model, which is forced air and digital, but smaller windows. That one is under $100, not sure if a turner would bump it over or not.

Then there's my preference, the 1602n, which uses a wafer thermostat and has no readouts whatsoever, but you really have to go through a process to get it set up and learn how to use it. Involving calibrating two dial thermometers and attaching a wick to one. But it's extremely consistent for me.

Now, if you're willing to spend up to $250, what you need to do first is to scour your local Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace and search for "incubator" because there are often cabinet incubators for near that price, depending on your area. That would allow you to set a LOT more eggs at one time. It's a good idea regardless, because there will often be HovaBators on there for half price or less too, and replacement parts aren't too pricy. I use www.incubatorwarehouse.com for incubators and parts, great service.

I actually took your advice from a previous conversation we had and I'm getting my friend's Hovabator 1602N that she doesn't like. Lol! I just have to know if I can work it out myself. :gig

Cluck, a lot of people seem to like the Nature Rite 360. It seems to be a lot like an Rcom, without the hefty Rcom price. I can see how getting 2 of them would be a great way to go.

Cluck, a lot of people seem to like the Nature Rite 360. It seems to be a lot like an Rcom, without the hefty Rcom price. I can see how getting 2 of them would be a great way to go.

I actually looked at the Rcom and Brinsea, they seem like great Incubators! Both were out of my price range at the time so I started with a Nurture Right. I now have an IncuView as well but I still prefer the Nurture Right 360...I also have an older dial model of Little Giant and I'm getting my friend's Hovabator 1602N...I don't need them all but I have a stockpile of "backup" Incubators now. :lau

Back
Top Bottom