need more info about eggs, cleaning, bloom etc

Liquid that is hotter than the egg doesn’t pass through the shell as quickly. Wash in hot water for this reason. Cold mud puddle will cool the egg, and allow the dirty water inside by absorbing through the shell.
I personally wouldn’t worry about a little mud. Wipe it off and move on.

Just had me wondering why id need to leave unclean eggs on my counter, to what, prove a point?

You don't. Some folks prefer to store unwashed eggs (not unclean eggs, unwashed - big difference) on the counter to save on fridge space, or because they eat them so quickly the eggs don't have time to spoil. For someone like me who doesn't go through eggs very quickly and during this time of year, plan on saving them up to get through winter, I always refrigerate.

I generally don't wash eggs before using at all. If the egg is so soiled that it requires washing, I'll either wash it off and use it next/immediately, or feed it to the dogs.

'Mud' in a chicken yard contains poop....just sayin'.

I don't wash eggs unless they are very dirty, then will refrigerate or use immediately because thorough washing will remove all the protective bloom(cuticle).

Eggs should be washed in 'water warmer than the egg'.
Simple physics, using colder water will cause the egg contents to contract, causing any 'germs' on exterior surface of egg shell to be pulled into the interior of egg thru the shell pores. Using warmer water will do the opposite.

I don't use any soap or other cleaning/sanitizing agent, just rotate in my hands to 'scrub' all surfaces area of egg shell. Then I air and towel dry before placing in the fridge.

If you are washing eggs for sale to the general public, other requirements may apply, so check your state regulations.

Back
Top Bottom