Need opinions!!

Somshine

Songster
Aug 14, 2022
Ok so on the NR360 I hate the flat bottom. Bowling was AWFUL on first hatch, pretty sure I lost a few due to this who were trying to get out but got exhausted from the best down. Used shelf liner after that and it helped some but not as much as hoped. What do y'all think about this tray WITH LINER OVER IT and under eggs so they're not right up against the plastic?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240404-115344_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240404-115344_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240404_120106.jpg
    20240404_120106.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 3
Without the lid of course... Think it'll help keep air cells up and reduce stress to chicks trying to hatch? I feel like in a nest they wouldn't get rolled and beat up like on a flat surface and want to try to replicate that.

Ok so on the NR360 I hate the flat bottom. Bowling was AWFUL on first hatch, pretty sure I lost a few due to this who were trying to get out but got exhausted from the best down. Used shelf liner after that and it helped some but not as much as hoped. What do y'all think about this tray WITH LINER OVER IT and under eggs so they're not right up against the plastic?
Looks to be a solid tray no holes for air circulation not sure that would be a good idea.

Looks to be a solid tray no holes for air circulation not sure that would be a good idea.
I know! I was trying to find a mesh style one but couldn't. That's why I was thinking that shelf liner up there over the tray and under the eggs would allow air circulation as well as allowing them to peck the shell open cuz I think that would be difficult up against the plastic too. Maybe like one or two layers of that shelf liner would help?

Thought about drilling holes in it too. So I can use 1 layer of mesh. I feel like two layers might defeat the purpose?

Back
Top Bottom