need people to sign a petition

Talked to a friend that lives in Henderson, he said that you can smell the birds from the road. Sounds like the 25 chickens were a bit too hard to clean up after.

maybe they could allow her to keep a set smaller amount..
fl.gif
frow.gif

Quote:

To start, the city of Henderson, KY is trying to force a elderly woman to get rid of her backyard friends. Mable Biccum 66, retired after 32 years with Little sisters of the poor, is keeping chickens in a coop in her backyard. We (Evansville Backyard Chickens) today from the County code enforcement officer that there is nothing that states you can or can’t have chickens in the city limits but they are still forcing her to find them a new home. We are working with Andy Schneider the Chicken Whisper a widely known web radio host and all around chicken advocate to help her out of this and allow her to keep a few chickens. The code enforcement officer was a guest on his show today the link to it is at the bottom. Mable was on his show last Thursday the 11th and you can listen to that also from the same link.

Any additional assistance from the media is appreciated! Evansville backyard chickens has a online petition going a blog, Face book page and is working directly with Andy and Mable to get this over with.

Brent Hudson - Chicken Advocate
Evansville Backyard Chickens
812-454-6518
www.twitter.com/citychicken05

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/backya...Backyard-Poultry-with-the-Chicken-Whisperer-1

I signed! and i hope it will help, she def. shouldnt keep them all though, 25 chickens seems like alot for a 67 year old lady on her own.
I beleive and know first hand that online petitions work... but you need alot of signatures to make an impact. I am going to cross post this information on a eco-friendly forum to help, im sure they would be interested, its called www.happyhippie.com
good luck!

Back
Top Bottom