Need Pics of Baby Chick Slings

TeresaT

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 14, 2008
SW Virginia
Hi All,

I need to make a sling for my baby chick. Does anyone have good pics I can see to make one? I see how they do it for the big chickens, but does anyone have pics for chicks
smile.png
Thanks.

I didn't take a clear pic, but fashioned one for a couple days old chick with bilateral slipped tendons awhile ago using a small tissue box and a face mask, plus padding on the edge of the tissue box. I used the sponge across the top of her back to keep her in and used the face mask strap taped to the box to hold it. It did work, but I had to adjust the poop hole a bit and also the height. Sadly, she died after three days.

Hi. Thanks for the info. Mine has been hanging in there since Saturday, I just put her in a make-shift sling this morning. She had a slipped tendon that turned into a swollen joint and a protruding bone. I hope I am not torturing it, but I splinted the leg by straightening and making sure the bones lined up and were in skin and I think I have the tendon over it. Then I wrapped it with gauze and used a stiff copper wire to act as a splint and then wrapped that with gauze tape. It only eats and drinks when I give it to him in a dropper. It tries to eat on its own when i hold the food in my hand with a little trouble. I just dont know if I should just put him down or see what happens. Its killing me. I feel so bad for it, but its hanging in there. How long shoud I leave the splint on before opening it up to check the wound and everything? It its bone was sticking out, do you think his leg is ruined? Did I wait too long, I did not do this until Tuesday and he was born on Saturday. I did not find the info on slipped tendon until Tuesday, I guess I wasn't searching right. I dont know.

Back
Top Bottom