Need prayer!

georgialee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Knoxville, TN
My sisters horse just foaled early this morning and something is wrong with the foals back legs -- he is healthy otherwise. There is a possibility he'll have to be put down. Can y'all pray for a good outcome?

Thank you
hugs.gif

Thanks guys.

Now the mare has a widespread infection -- the cause cannot be found. They're having to shave her feathers to soak her feet in ice water.

They still don't know what's wrong with the colt. He has a feeding tube since his back legs can't support him.

The vet finally found and was able to remove the retained placenta. Hopefully the infection will now respond to medicine.

They did not see and deformities on the colts x-ray so they're going to fit him with braces that have to be adjusted daily. I think the colt will have to be bottle fed unless the braces allow him to be able to reach the mares teats.

I think just about everything that could have gone wrong did. Thank goodness we live close to the university of TN - they have a great large animal vet clinic.

Last edited:
sad.png

I'm sorry.
Glad to hear the cause of the mares issue has been found. I hope she recovers quickly.
Praying for the foal, that he does well and the correction works to give him a normal life. Gypsy?

Yes, she's a gorgeous silver bay gypsy vanner.

Feathers are the hair that some breeds have on their lower legs.

They're both still in the 'hospital'.

Back
Top Bottom