Need Prayers, Need Advice... *Kind of Long*

I don't have any advice or solutions to offer. Just wanted to say I feel for you - it's a difficult thing to be stuck in a job that doesn't offer the same satisfaction it once did.

There are similarities to my situation. When I first started teaching (1970s), I loved it - and when I heard teachers who complained about it all the time, it really got on my nerves. I swore I'd never be one of those complainers. A few years ago, though, things started seriously changing - the paperwork and regulations became overwhelming. So much pressure to cover certain content that the needs of children were being overlooked. A new school superintendent would come in and everything would be in chaos again - it just kept happening over and over. I realized I was becoming a complainer - not to others - but to myself. I always put on a happy face to everyone else. As soon as I had enough years to retire, I did it. That was a year ago, and I have not missed it one bit.

Relating my own story doesn't really help - just wanted you to know that I empathize with what you're going through. Since I have a granddaughter with a serious illness, I've spent lots of time the past few years in hospitals and doctors' offices, and it's amazing how overworked the folks are there - so many patients - so few doctors and nurses. I don't think I could be a health care professional because of the heartache involved. So I applaud your commitment to health care.

I hope that things get better for you - and I'm glad that you've got so much support from family and friends.

I know how you feel being in a job you dont like and is unfair. I worked at Walmart for 5 years. When I first started there it was a great place to work then we got a new general manager things started to go down hill. Then they did an assistant manager switch. We got 2 new managers and lost 2 of the old ones. The new managers are from H*** literally! They started firing people for stupid things such as one guy they said his feet stunk. They would coach you for no reason. So finally I quit. I got another job at the local Rural King. This job started good. I love helping people in the farm department. I had a really good assistant manager who as a department manager let me have total control over my department praised my work and was very impressed that in only the 3 months since starting there our sales had come up in that department 10% over last year. Then they do the manager switch. I now have a woman manager that happens to have the same first name as me. She does not like me for reasons I dont know and nit picks everything I do. We have lost 2 people in my department because 1 went to Turkey for the summer on an educational trip and the other to go to college. Now its only me. I had better get everything done she tells me too even though all she does is walk around all day. They wont hire anyone else cause I can get the work done by myself.That saves them 2 peoples wages and a bigger bonus in their pocket. I know what you mean by the almighty dollar. Thats all companies think about anymore. I would love to stay at home and just take care of my animals but my DH has seizures and cant work. I dont know what the answer is. I'm sorry you are going through this. I know what its like to get sick going to work.Just remember we are all here for you to rant sometimes just b****** about it helps.
hugs.gif

I don't know what happened to my reply. It disappeared half way through. Mostly what I said was $5000 is not worth 2 years of your life. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Finish up your schooling and you will be able to pay it back fairly quickly. Just think 40 hrs/ wk approx 50 weeks a year, for two years. NOT WORTH IT> If my math is right, and it probably isn't, that sounds like about 4,000 hours?? Of your life in a place that you hate for money?? you're worth more than that girlfriend!

Life is to short to work in a hated job.Start looking for something new.If you are lucky you can get hirer pay,but if not it is still worth it. If you would not be able to do a low monthly payment on the 5k I would recommend getting a loan from a bank BEFORE you quit.Pay the education loan off,and then make your payments to the bank. I would not stay at that place for 2 more years,but the time WILL pass if you must.

Thinking of you IRM.
hugs.gif
I hope things work out for you. My sister was a manager in a big bank. "They" pushed her to sell products to clients (they are all older people living on fixed incomes) which, of course, they wouldn't buy. So they dumped her. She had been there for over 15 years...........but she's happy now! She didn't realize how unhappy or depressed she was until she was fired. Strange world we live in.
hmm.png

Thanks guys. I just needed to vent, and I appreciate all the advice. Someday things will change for the better, wheter it means I get "let go" or if I quit, whichever comes first.... and at this point, either is a very real possibility sooner rather than later.

The healthcare world needs more people, just like you, that truly cares for their patients. Is there any way for you to "fight back"? You sound truly passionate about your work, just not the venue in which you work.

Back
Top Bottom