Need puppy naming help- Anatolian Shepherd

Soooooooo adorable...makes me want one. I've had Yorkies for the past 15 years, although up until a few years ago, we always had one "big" dog outside (and they were all females). My favorite Yorkie names may not be appropriate but here's a couple.

Dustin' for Prince (Dusty for short), Jumpin' Jack Flash (Jack)

A neighbor years ago had a dog named "Sixpack"...loved that. A black lab was named "Oudy" because he was the only male in his litter. Another neighbor has a golden retriever (that comes over begging for treats daily) they named "Chance" because the breeder didn't know his grump was pregnant and she had three pups outside in the dead of winter. Chance was the only one to survive, thus given a second chance. I like names with a history and a reason. We used to have a Great Pyrenese (sp?) visit daily for treats as well. His name was "Pal"...not very unique until you find out it was short for "Palamino (again, sp?). No Turkish names in my repetoire, sorry.

I thought about Jack for one of them. but once I decided on "Isaac" for one of them, I needed to find something Biblical for the other, so he ended up being "elijah" or Eli for short. The names fit them very well! I do wish I had found good Turkish names for them, but I am happy with the choices I made.

Your boys are sooooo handsome! And Eli and Isaac are wonderful names. Are your boys all trained? Looks like it.
thumbsup.gif
Now I know there's hope for Max!
smile.png

Quote:
they are allowed to be with sheep while I am home to watch for playfulness. Isaac is good with a ram he kenneled next to for a while and neither of the dogs wants to hurt the sheep but they do want to be with them and the sheep see that as chasing.....so they run. these sheep are not dog-broke. So it's a learning process for sheep and dogs. The dogs are fine with the chickens. They both sit on command and walk beautifully on a leash. they come when called, although not sure if they'd do it reliably out side of the pasture. They are 6 months old now, so I expect trouble to start soon. the teenage years can be hard with any dog but I have two males so I expect a little more than trouble than what's considered normal. The top of the fences are all hot-wired to keep them from getting into the fence-jumping habit. So far, no signs of digging out. Isaac is a fantastic watch dog and barks at strange noises at night but not excessively. I adore these pups. they are gorgeous and such good dogs. I am sure your Max will turn out to be a wonderful boy too.

lol.png
Just checking to see what you decided on and noticed the site changed the name for a female dog to "grump". I had to think about that for a second as a KNEW I didn't type that!!! Great names. I have a cat we named Moses because she was found in the reeds (litter was abandoned by someone and we and the neighbors divided them).

I know you've probably already named your pup since this is an old post, but I wanted to share my Anatolian's name. He came to me for retirement at 8 years old and now works an acre and a half with 15 Nubian and Boer ladies. A HUGE change from the 200+ acres and 300+ does. The people who gave him to me named him "Sofi" (pronounced like 'sof' in softball). I was told it means humble soldier of God in the Turkish language. :) Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom