Need silkie experts opinion

Well, thank you guys very much for helping me out with my questions. I really do like this guy, I thought he was nice but caould also see the not so nice things (I try so hard not to be barn blind). He is strutting, crowing and calling the ladies, so I think I will try him and see how the chicks come out.
yippiechickie.gif

Very good type to him and excellent color. If you said you had dark blue girls he should lighten up your offspring. As long as you have some feathers on the middle toe that should be good. Real hard to get a good shaped small walnut comb on these colored silkies but his isn't too bad.

The only thing I see is his wing carriage, it looks awfully low. Wings should be carried more horizontal and shredding on wings looks fine. Sometimes if you have too much shredding, it makes it hard for those roosters to fold their wings correctly. Great tail and fluff on this boy in your first pic. There are many that would love to have that back end on a rooster!!

Great bird! Breed him to your darker blues to lighten up chicks and make sure they have tight folding wings.

Show him and see!!

he does have (*did have, but thats another story!) good toe feathering. they need to grow back now....and he has good, even toe spacing with correct amount of toes.

*I couldn't figure out why that pen was losing foot feathers. found out, the treats I was giving them (leftover pumkin pie and watermelon) they were perching on and the feathers got sticky and mangled and pulled. I washed thier feet, they no longet get treats like that and we will see how the feathering comes back. you can see where they have been broken.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom