need to vent....

i can see the neighbors side...when i had my rooster, he WAS annoying..i wouldnt intentionally try to be loud to make her even more upset, thats just obnoxious and childish. lose the rooster and i imagine there wont be a problem. not everyone will like hearing crowing all day long.

Quote:
IMHO, I think the real problem here had nothing to do with the roosters (the OP did say the roosters were rehomed so what was this ladies malfunction??)...

Instead it is sounds like the bigger issue here was that this unstable neighbor had a case of raging mad-cow-disease-diarrhea-of-the-mouth trantrums and she decided to really let loose.

Instead of all the drama, that neighbor could have put her big girl panties on and talked to the OP like an adult instead of tattle telling on her and having a hormone dump in her face. This neighbor is a nutter. While it may be slightly childish, I say a little fun & games wouldn't hurt. If anything maybe she'd come to appreciate the more soothing noises of a few chickens.

Now where did I put that halo of mine? [[Whistles innocently]]
bun.gif

Last edited:
Ya, a peacock is a bad Idea.
I would bring her Ice Cream and offer to shovel her driveway, For causing any Inconvenience.
While your over there you can ask her what color she thinks you should paint your house.

Last edited:
i have had dealings with people like that (my father-inlaw is one of them
sad.png
) no matter how nice and polite you are it will never get better, it only makes them think the got you under their thumb and the problems will only get worse! if she does not like the chain saw......... run an add after christmas avertizing you will cut christmas trees into fire wood for free for say .......2 days.
smack.gif
me tho i would do it for a week!
big_smile.png

Quote:
There is still a rooster. And I can see the neighbor being annoyed. I can also see that the neighbor is overreacting! Sounds like there are deeper issues for her, good luck, I hope you can reach some kind of peace with her and the town.

Last edited:
if shes been complaining since this summer about them, she probably counted on you making the connection that she might be sick of hearing them crow all the time. granted, yelling across the yard doesnt really accomplish much but when you are talking and no one is listening, it gets old really quick. since they arent legal in the first place, get rid of the noisy ones and keep the peace. if you try to be a jerk to the woman, i can assure you that she will call the city daily to try and be an even bigger jerk.

Quote:
IMHO, I think the real problem here had nothing to do with the roosters (the OP did say the roosters were rehomed so what was this ladies malfunction??)...

Instead it is sounds like the bigger issue here was that this unstable neighbor had a case of raging mad-cow-disease-diarrhea-of-the-mouth trantrums and she decided to really let loose.

Instead of all the drama, that neighbor could have put her big girl panties on and talked to the OP like an adult instead of tattle telling on her and having a hormone dump in her face. This neighbor is a nutter. While it may be slightly childish, I say a little fun & games wouldn't hurt. If anything maybe she'd come to appreciate the more soothing noises of a few chickens.

bun.gif

She rehomed the original ones, but she still has one rooster....so that is the neighbor's problem.

I have heard a similar story somewhere...grumpy neighbour, complaining about "smelly" chickens escaping and "destroying" neighbours gardens and "attacking" children. When owner tried to accomodate by only letting them out in the evenings, the neighbour accused them of dodging the council's open hours... *runs off to see how that situation ended*

Anyways, I have six girls in a completely urban area - - - you spit and accidentally hit a skyscraper...and I have no complaints, apart from the ones from my dad about the dirt patch of a lawn...

I hope it all turns out well, contact the council, get in there and explain your side of the story. Get the roo out of the equation, get your girls temporary homes, and I hope it turns out good
fl.gif

Did she complain while there wasnt any crowing?

Quote:

bun.gif

She rehomed the original ones, but she still has one rooster....so that is the neighbor's problem.

Oops! Bad Picky Chicky!
smack.gif
I have to stop getting on my soap box before I read all the fine print.
roll.png

I think I've got a bad case of karma kicking me in the rear for my little outbursts about this neighbor business.... I've been stuck with an insufferable case of the hiccups for the past 25 or so minutes. Ugh. I feel like I'm going to be
sickbyc.gif

I think I'm going to go bury my head under the covers for the night and pout. <<hiccup!>>
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom