Need your help with this chicken. is this respiratory disease? * includes video*

Pics
The respiratory disease, infectious bronchitis (IB,) can cause problems with egg shells. But I have seen tiny eggs with yolks in my flock in the past. I had a mild case of IB as well .

these chickens are probably 1.5 years old now, they were laying regularly for at least 7 or 8 months, nothing like this.

I have the egg saved but did not opened it yet.

will keep my eyes open.

Picture with size of the small egg. When I boil it I will cut it in half to see if it has yolk

Attachments

• IMG_20190427_114608.jpg
    IMG_20190427_114608.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 7
Aart just is saying to break the egg into a bowl, and look for a yolk. If you boil it first, it may not be as easy to see. Most of the dozen or more wind eggs that my hens laid over the years, did have a yolk except for one. Wind or miniature eggs are just usually a mistake. Sometimes we may see odd eggs, such as a shell with a little tail, or just an egg membrane. Here is an interesting article on eggs:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Sorry for the late reply but these days were very busy.

Wife boiled the egg so I only have pictures after boiling. It seems this is an undeveloped egg? Or is this related with the disease?

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_185850.jpg
    IMG_20190429_185850.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom