Need your Muscovy duck pictures

IAjewel... I sent you a private message and yes these are my ducks. I also posted some more in the duck forum yesterday in several places and one of them has a link to my photobucket account and there are a lot of pics in it of my newest muscovies. I have a bunch up for sale of my new babies. I want to keep 2 that are females, trying to guess which ones they are. Also trying to learn the colors. I have 2 mostly choc. females and what I think is a blue with just a little brown and white head for my breeding stock. Then I have a chocolate I think that is the drake. I have been getting some of the prettiest babies.

66006_0922111818-00.jpg

Patunia
66006_0922111817-01.jpg

Betsy
66006_0922111817-02.jpg

Romeo
66006_p_017.jpg

Patunia again, before i got her
66006_p.jpg

Betsy before i got her

buff ripple and black barred ducks.

Buff rippled, black barred and I am not sure on the white one. She has light tan/cream on top of her head. And slight shades of it in her body as well..

black and white pied drake

Chocolate duck

This is Teddy, bought him last spring in a mixed group of ducklings... Didn't realize what he was till recently. He weighs close to 20lbs and is pure white. in this picture he is dirty. He has a beautiful crest whenever I walk in the room he demonstrates how much he loves me by standing as tall with that crest fully flaired and if I walk away from his sofa spot to go up stairs he jumps on the back of the couch making his hissing sounds saying hey wait for me... He then proceeds to fly up onto my back/shoulders... Tried to move him back out to the coop but he was having none of that... I am walking into house he comes running and flies up to my shoulders sayin hey I am not staying with them dirty birds... Im wondering if I should get him a mate or will he forever be a house bird???

Teddy in the tub...To give you an idea of his size...

This is Teddy, bought him last spring in a mixed group of ducklings... Didn't realize what he was till recently. He weighs close to 20lbs and is pure white. in this picture he is dirty. He has a beautiful crest whenever I walk in the room he demonstrates how much he loves me by standing as tall with that crest fully flaired and if I walk away from his sofa spot to go up stairs he jumps on the back of the couch making his hissing sounds saying hey wait for me... He then proceeds to fly up onto my back/shoulders... Tried to move him back out to the coop but he was having none of that... I am walking into house he comes running and flies up to my shoulders sayin hey I am not staying with them dirty birds... Im wondering if I should get him a mate or will he forever be a house bird???

Teddy in the tub...To give you an idea of his size...
I think he think you are his mate.
wink.png
But getting him a couple girls of his very own would make him one happy boy I have a feeling. He is a very handsome boy.
welcome-byc.gif

Just wondering if I should get him adult girls or can I wait till spring and get ducklings again??? Im thinking girls about his age but where in my area can I find them...
To Miss Lydia, yeah I think he is completely handsome, I love his pure white and he still has blue in his eyes, although they seem to be getting a little yellow in them recently.

Just wondering if I should get him adult girls or can I wait till spring and get ducklings again??? Im thinking girls about his age but where in my area can I find them...
To Miss Lydia, yeah I think he is completely handsome, I love his pure white and he still has blue in his eyes, although they seem to be getting a little yellow in them recently.
I have 2 solid white Scovy's and they are 9 yrs old still have blue eyes so pretty. Have you looked on craigslist might find some mature Scovys there or just keep on with what your doing now and get ducklings in the spring, when we had our house ducklind/drake get about 3 months old we went and got him 3 girls, he was the happiest drake ever. It's such a joy to watch how much they love each other. He'll always be your boy no matter, my boy still comes in for cuddles and loves to hang around with us. They never forget their mama.
smile.png
Just remember when you get ducklings sometimes you may get drakes,if you get adults you can know for certain your getting ducks and ducklings will have to be introduced slowly to him, not all drakes are fond of ducklings. even if they are girls.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom