Need your Muscovy duck pictures

This is my broody scovie gertie she is setting on 10 + eggs. They are due to hatch anytime now! She dosen't leave the nest hardly at all!

This is mama duck she is the oldest she has angel she had it when I got her.

This is ollie close up

Ollie again

I have 1 more duck who is sitting on eggs as well cant get to her easy she looks like the 1st duck they r almost twins. Very excited for babies to hatch!

I don't know if I will get a presponse - but it's worth a try... Beautiful birds all of you!!! I want to get ducks. Are Muscovies a good choice? Are they friendly? Thanks!!

I don't know if I will get a presponse - but it's worth a try... Beautiful birds all of you!!! I want to get ducks. Are Muscovies a good choice? Are they friendly? Thanks!!

They can be yes, as with most birds depends on how they are raised, they wag to you, like a dog? lol. Excellent foragers and documented fly catchers.

I found this thread and was hoping to see the site that person was trying to start. But, when I click it will not connect with it. Maybe they took it down or just didn't finish it?

My drake had a heart shaped black patch on his head until his first molt and lost it now he's solid white
263a.png
he'll be 2 yrs in April
263a.png

I'm still utterly lost on Muscovy colours, i still don't get how brown looking birds get called blacks /img/smilies/roll.png but anyways... i know i have whites.. that one is easy although.. my drake has a black capped head he's almost 6mths.. even my hens have yet to loose the black entirely off there heads as of yet?

Apparently my youngest males are blacks.. and i think my other hens are chocolate and one is a dusty gray so is that lavender? Good idea to do a site, the names for the colouring is so confusing.

This is one of my almost 6mth old hens you'll see the black is still on her head... although i am sure you have plenty of whites.

IMG_1794.jpg

One of the hens and the drake that has had that same black spot since he came to us as a 3day old

IMG_1806.jpg

One of the younger drakes.. apparently it's a black? /img/smilies/idunno.gif

IMG_0571.jpg

A picture of both of the youngest drakes.. again i've been now told there blacks..

IMG_1785.jpg

No idea if any of these are useful.. perhaps i'll see if i can get some shots of the other hens.. they are new here.. so quite hard to get near them yet.

Back
Top Bottom