Need your opinions

hencrazy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
I've been trying to decide on an incubator for a while now. I really didn't want to spend a lot, but I'm hoping to get some blue JG, black copper maran, and lavender Ameraucana eggs, and I don't want to screw them up. I work 3 jobs so turning eggs several times a day isn't going to happen. I was looking at the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX. It's a lot more than I wanted to spend, but it seems foolproof.

What do you guys think? Is there a better (and cheaper) option? I have a very bad feeling about getting an incubator - I'm having visions of chicks taking over my house.

I am no where near an "expert" but from al the good reviews i have read on the threads lately, I would say that the Octagon Eco 20 is the best "bang" for your buck. On the Brinsea website, the incubator+turner is only 150.00, much cheaper than the advance(click on special offers on the right hand side of the webpage and u can get an additional 20 percent off), and a good price for a plastic 'bator. I plan on getting the eco+turner for Christmas:)

just my .02:) Merry Christmas!

Hi hencrazy, the Hovabator1588 has gotten a lot of good press on here also
smile.png

I'm worried about temp fluctuation. My house can vary a lot. Which do you guys think would be the best.

If you are worried about ANY variables in your environment, get the Brinsea. From all I have heard, the Genesis is a really close 2nd. I have the Brinsea and I can tell you it is just about stupid proof. Depending on what your climate is, you may have humidity issues, but that is going to happen with ANY bator.

I'm A very happy Brinsea user. I have three octagon20 Advance EX units, plus a few of the MiniAdvance units, both with and without the humidity pumps. The EX models do make it stupid proof, but the ones without the humidity pumps are nearly fool proof. You just have to get a small, separate hygrometer to put inside 'em and monitor and adjust the humidity by adding water yourself.

Pricey? Yes, but well worth the money for this idiot (me)!

Back
Top Bottom