Neenah, Wi City Administrators Said What?

bigzio

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 20, 2007
Wisconsin
Today in the Post Cresent Sunday Paper was a story about a family that had 4 hens and a rooster. With the neighbors complaints they successully lobbied to ban all roosters from the city.

The owners of the flock had raised them from chicks, and received a letter from the city sanitarian that "Jake" (the roo), had to be returned to the WILD, or given to a keeper outside the city.

They found a wonderful farm home for Jake, however how many are going to be returned to the WILD and try to survive....What are they thinking in Neenah?

Where was the research before this decision was even made? These City Fathers don't have a clue, and should be in trouble for suggesting something so stupid...in my opinion!
rant.gif

~ bigzio

Ugly you can work on, stupid is forever. In the wild? I don't think so, although chickens are domesticated WILD jungle fowl...
hmm.png

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
:lau Right, then see just how much they like wild chickens, huh?
Exactly, WHAT were they thinking. Duh!!

tweeza, thats exactly right, and they are protected too. Maybe they should just let the small flock owner, with their chickens in the backyard keep them? I do know that roosters are loud. I had one that was supposed to be a pullet, but I was very lucky to find him a good home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom