Neglected Chickens

Its amazing you could save her! Fantastic job! It sucks the other didn't make it, poor guy. The death of the other one saved this one though, so maybe its a blessing in disguise.

Assuming when you say your planning on taken her in, you mean keeping her. Thats great! Do you have other chickens or is she your first? You should try to find another adult hen who needs a home for her. Chickens don't do good alone, and she will really appreacte a friend. Look on your local craigslist, and if you have FB you can post something there. Great job saving her, she loves you for it!
I think her eggs are fine to eat. My hens eat mice all the time, and dead birds that my cats kill, I still eat the eggs.

Its amazing you could save her! Fantastic job! It sucks the other didn't make it, poor guy. The death of the other one saved this one though, so maybe its a blessing in disguise.

Assuming when you say your planning on taken her in, you mean keeping her. Thats great! Do you have other chickens or is she your first? You should try to find another adult hen who needs a home for her. Chickens don't do good alone, and she will really appreacte a friend. Look on your local craigslist, and if you have FB you can post something there. Great job saving her, she loves you for it!
I think her eggs are fine to eat. My hens eat mice all the time, and dead birds that my cats kill, I still eat the eggs.
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will look into finding her a new friend!

That’s awful! Good thing you noticed!

the eggs are probably safe to eat, chickens are omnivores and opportunistic birds. probably going to be very high in protein and I wouldn’t be surprised if they were lacking in some other nutrients. But I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t eat them. I probably wouldn’t, I’d save them to give to the barn cats and probably crunch up the shells to give to her so she has some extra calcium if she needs it.

Back
Top Bottom