Neglected Chickens

I hope she is just wandering around. Maybe somebody couldn't help her, so they just let her out. I hope she wanders back. When the sun goes down, come back to the coop. Thats your best chance of finding her again
:welcome :frow I agree I would check her old coop and see if she returns to it. If you have a camera you could put it up somewhere and might be able to see something that might give you a hint of what happened. Good luck...

The story I am telling myself from this to make me feel better:

Home owners offered the chickens to someone. The person accepted. They waited to long to come get them. They took the living chicken last night.

That's possible......

I'm leaning towards a predator, though. But she could have been stolen.

To the OP: Is the coop visible from the road?

My neighbors moved out about 2 weeks ago and yesterday we found that they had left their chickens. One chicken is dead and it looks like the chicken that lived was eating it. We got the chicken electrolyte balancer to put in the water and chicken feed. We removed the dead chicken from their coop. Is there anything else I should do for the remaining chicken in the short term. I plan to take the chicken in. Also, are the chicken lays safe to eat after it ate a dead chicken for 2 weeks?
So sad that people are willing to abuse there animals. I would report that person to animal control. I have no idea were you guys live but where I live its illegal to neglect domesticated poultry!!
:he

Back
Top Bottom