Neighbor threatening me and another neighbor about chickens

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
This is getting out of hand. I own 4 acres of land and so do all of my other neighbors. My next door neighbor HATES all chickens. I know that. They are not happy that we have them nor the neighbor across the street. She told me if I have any roosters that she is sending her dog over to eat them. She also stated that she will call the police if she hears a rooster crowing from our house at any time.

We've always been nice to each other, but this is stepping over the line. We are allowed 100 chickens per acre of land. There are no limits of roosters either. I may not have a rooster now, but in the future we may, especially Mille Fluers show quality.

How would you feel about this? I keep my chickens in a 100% black room/coop until 8am. It's very legal to keep livestock. I can have horses too!

Last edited:
If that dog came on my land I'd call animal control.

You might want to start a paper trail on this if you think they really will, because dogs can get through a LOT of fencing, and your flock really might be worth a lot of money one day.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you have mean neighbors! I would pourpsly get as many roo's as possible for the flock just to tick her off. I love hearing stories about what people do to mean neighbors! Stand strong and let her call the police! You have don't nothing illeagle!

Last edited:
If her dog harmed my property he wouldn't make it back home. That's the law where I'm from. I have had the same problems. I would check with the county Sheriff. That's what I did and he told me I had the right to protect my property with any means necessary. Then he had a talk with the person. That ended my problem.

I do have my chickens in a very secure chicken run, the coop is in the garage on the opposite side of them. This is just a threat though. I understand that not everyone likes chickens. We have one rooster in the neighborhood somewhere, she barely hears it and is furious about it.

I'd never shoot their dog or any dog on my property.lol. The funny thing is that we've always gotten along well. We've let them store their things on our property as well.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree, shoot the dog if it gets on your property and hurts any of your chickens. Your lousy neighbors' dogs have no right on your property.

Why do certain people insist on moving to the "country", and then get mad about farm stuff like chickens and gardens? Seriously. If she doesn't like chickens, she needs to move to a subdivision with covenants.

Back
Top Bottom