Neighbor threatening to "take out my roosters"

A friend of mine works in the township office in the township that I live in. Its fairly rural but has been built up more in the past 10 years. Every year without fail she gets complaints about the smell of the stuff that the farmers spread on their fields as well as complaints about various animal smells. She and I always get a good laught out of it. Those city slickers are the ones incrouching on our country life style, we didn't ask them to move out here!

A friend of mine works in the township office in the township that I live in. Its fairly rural but has been built up more in the past 10 years. Every year without fail she gets complaints about the smell of the stuff that the farmers spread on their fields as well as complaints about various animal smells. She and I always get a good laught out of it. Those city slickers are the ones incrouching on our country life style, we didn't ask them to move out here!
Some places have passed "Right to Farm" laws to combat these type of complaints. I have "NO FARMS, NO FOOD" bumper sticker on my truck to remind people of farmer's role in their lives.

Hello,

I can relate to what is going on with you. I have a new neighbor( inheritance form mother) city girl (Orlando,Fl.) She is driving one of my good neighbors nuts about her LGD barking at the predators (fox,coons,yotes, strays, ect.) She also yells about my ACDs barking at the predators. So I told her would you rather the wild strays come in her yard and grab her young child that she let's play outside for hours by herself? Yes, they are that bad no fear. I have to keep my main gate closed at all times. That shut her up. But I am still thinking about getting at least 2 LG Donkeys and teaching them to bray on command :D I get up at 4:00 am to go to work and can have them bray for a cookie before I leave for work everyday and when I get home after dark everytime.

So you could get one or two donkeys as alarm guards. And get the electric hot wire box that is food for 20 miles and for buffalo. Its about $150.00 maybe a little more at TSC. It will knock you to your knees, I know I have been a few times by mine.

Maye

Last edited:
I'm an a hole i'd put hogs down by him with a nice big feeder. If the smell wouldn't get him the hogs flippin the feeder doors would. But thats just me. I wonder why I don't have neighbors? lol

Na, free eggs aren't going to do it. I would focus on your relationships with your good neighbors, maybe give them a free "thankyou" dozen of eggs.Make sure you really are on good terms with them. It's been my experience that a lot of people don't like confrontation & don't want to make waves with their neighbors.

I am confused how the cats get onto your property through the fence & having 3 dogs. I recently had to fix my fence...my chickens were escaping & being pests. I'm not getting the neighbor of the year award:(

It sounds like a horrible situation. I'm not sure why your hostile neighbor bought a place zoned for farm animals. Zoning and ordinances do change, so stay updated on what is going on in your area.

Hang in there!
The cats just go over the fence. And my dogs love kitties. They have always been taught to not chase the cats and now they think they are the coolest things ever. My dog Ava loves to clean the cats ears
hmm.png

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. Some people are so rude... And you do have to wonder why city people move to the country and then expect us country folk to change our ways on their behalf. You never know, offering him some eggs might help him see your chickens in a different light, but my experience with people like that is that they're just mean because they want to be. I would keep a written record of any threats he makes to your animals, along with dates, as something to show the authorities if he does try to harm your birds. How about putting up a privacy fence along that property line so he doesn't have to look at your "ugly field", .......and you don't have to look at him?
tongue.png

At any rate, good luck with your situation... Hope it gets better for you!

Okay, this guy sounds like a total nutcase. I have no idea why he thought that moving out into farm country would be quiet; animals make noise, and he has to deal with it. Plus, the sound of a mower running all day is MUCH more irritating than that of roosters crowing and sheep baaing. Just ignore him. He can't legally sneak onto your property (trespassing) and kill your livestock (destroying of personal property)... So relax, and just avoid him--he's a lunatic with unrealistic expectations, nosy habits, and horrible communication skills.

Just let the city folk be he will come around or move back to where he belongs, there is a big difference between the sticks and the bricks and some people don’t adjust well. He would hate it where we are there is always a bon fire, someone having a country get together and all that. I tend to like to stay on my land and mind my own unless someone needs a hand I don’t mind helping out, but most days if I aint driving to town to work I am building or fixing something around here .

If he does harm your chickens or other livestock let the law know if you are in the woods like I am most of them are country boys and will more than likely educate him on the ways of the country.

it is funny i was born and raise.d in a big nasty city. baltimore. i moved to the country. i would not go back to the city if the mayor himself gave me a tax free pass.
as far as your neighbor., i was only trying to give the kill them with kindness attitude . it drives the idiots nuts. they don't know how to respond. however you did the right thing by giving the popo (police ) a heads up .

Back
Top Bottom