Neighbor threatening to "take out my roosters"

I probably would just for my own sanity....It is worth it! I don't look at it "as losing the war". Life is too short to be harrassed on your own property! I would want privacy anyway, even if my neighbor wasn't acting like a jerk!
You could ALWAYS have something offensive on the other side of the trees pointing at his house!! There I go again wishing for a smiley with devil horns!

Last edited:
Not that I would do it,but it is fun to imagine the response to a bush like this....
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/158374/

Yes,bamboo does spread. I have 2 clumps of black bamboo,and the canes are popping up out of the grass 5 to 10 feet away from the clumps!
OH MY GOSH!!! THAT IS HILARIOUS! That would be perfect! That, unfortunatly for me, IS something I would do!

Last edited:
1. I agree with the Donkey thing.
2. Documenting is a very very good thing!
and 3. I agree with either getting a big dog, or practicing your shooting where he can see you, and leave a gun in an easy access point just in case.
I am really worried for you and your animals *could just be my paranoia due to my bad neighbor experience* this guy sounds just like my old neighbors, and they turned really evil in the end with the attempted poisoning of our dogs.
Something tells me that if he was "macho" enough to call and make false accusations, threaten, and eerily watch you all the time, then he would not have very many qualms about "helping you" get rid of your rooster if he thinks it is the "only way"
My theory is that its all a mater of having control issues, you don't do what he says so he has to "help" you see sense.
At least that's what the officer told my mother and I back when I was a teen.
Guys like this are just very...annoyingly unpredictable.
I look forward to more updates and hopefully good news of him leaving you alone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
*nodding*

I'm really glad to hear things have improved.

Some day when you have time (hahaha) I'd love to see photos of your farm and animals. I'd love to see your setup.
Well its a rainy windy day so I am doing house work... so I will post a couple of pictures.

Horses in the back pasture. Property makes an L kind of shape.

This one you can see the two "front pastures" this was 2 years ago, so there is still quite a few weeds in there. White horse is in the neighbors small field.

The start of the coop remodel. Stripped everything out of the shed, and started over. It was obviously dark and gloomy in there for the chickens before.

After: Elevated roosts, ramp to get up there. Nest boxes on the right, you can get eggs without having to go in. Feeder that I made on the left, holds 50lbs of feed. Door separates the front of the shed/barn, for feed storage and right now it holds all my fencing stuff and other tools.

Inside the chicken area. Young birds are in there right now. They are ages 3 weeks- 5 weeks. Big girls are divided between two small mobile coops for now. Dont ask how many chickens I have right now, lol. The answer is way to many!!

The sheep!! These are the twins that are bedded down in there shed that is attatched to their night time corral.

My first coop. still works great.

Ok ok I am done now. It was nice to think about nicer things for a moment.

droolin.gif
I'd love to live there.. I love the shots you got just before storms rolled in.

Back
Top Bottom