Neighbor's dog came back for our ducks today! What to do?

Pics
When you take a powerful antibiotic like that, get some good yogurt with active lactobacillus cultures in it. Take it about an hour after each pill. The antibiotic kills your good tummy bugs along with the bad bugs. You have to replace the good ones! Buttermilk is good too.
I know, i know, but i can't convince my stupid brain to accept the taste of yuckgurt or shuddermilk, i just can't swallow it. It is the smell and the taste that makes my stomach cramp even before i even try to eat it, i feel sick already… :sick
I will choke down some fresh Sauerkraut once i'm done with the horse-pills.

Be sure the posts are treated, at least on the end that goes in the ground. You will need plastic insulators to keep the electric wore from touching any of the posts.
Those posts are made from Red Cedar trees whose wood is already very rot-resistant, even when in contact with soil. On top of that they are pressure treated. I removed some old posts from the ground last summer and they looked almost new, at least the part that was under the ground.

I know, i know, but i can't convince my stupid brain to accept the taste of yuckgurt or shuddermilk, i just can't swallow it. It is the smell and the taste that makes my stomach cramp even before i even try to eat it, i feel sick already… :sick
I will choke down some fresh Sauerkraut once i'm done with the horse-pills.
You're not trying to eat plain yogurt straight, are you? Yeah, not many can choke that down, lol! Have you tried the ones with fruit?

Get a taller fence put up immediately!
Easier said than done: There are no fences on my property at all! And the direct property line that i would have to cover is about 300 meters (1,000') long, so it is a cost factor!
I will start with a Cedar post in the corner, a really sturdy one with diagonal support studs (or whatever they are being called) and then set-up an electric fence first.
Later that electric fence will be replaced with a wattle-fence, segment by segment, topped with an electric wire to keep climbing predators out too.
But that will take time, as i need to find a way to fund all this…

Last edited:
call animal control and report the bite, they will quarantine the dog. See a doctor and send them the bill. You have a neighbor problem, not a dog problem
We don't have "Animal Control" here as this is a very rural area, we have "Animal Services" instead. It looks like they mostly "serve" themselves though… :(

I hope you had a good night sleep! - When will your duckies be delivered?
Thank you!

No duckies until next month! Aaaarrrgghhh!!!! But it gives me time to finish their house.

I didn't want to order any birds this year because I had a shipping disaster a couple of years ago. But not many of my usual local sources are selling chicks this year. Those that are selling chicks have large minimums. I don't want 10+ chicks (well, I do, but that would be irresponsible of me!).

But, I found out Meyer ships their ducks out of California, which is great news! I live in CA. The duckies won't have far to go!

I want to ask about Nona, but I imagine you mention her in later posts. I haven't read that far yet!

Back
Top Bottom