Neighbor's dog came back for our ducks today! What to do?

Pics
Seeee!! :D
I'm pretty rural here, most my county is.
Sure glad that dog was vaccinated!

Glad it's all wrapped up and records exist for the incident in case they are needed in the future....which I sure hope they are not.
You are likely in a more rural area than i am! It is just a 15 minute drive from my place to the center of Charleston and 12 minutes to the airport. Still it feels like in the middle of nowhere and everybody is sooo laaaaiiidd baaack. 😊 - Which usually is a good thing!

I'm glad to hear this. If they like their dog at all those people are lucky that they kept the vaccinations up to date and animal control didn't take him, and that your wife was armed with a shovel and not a gun.
I find it incredible how people try to turn things around on the victim when they know they are the ones guilty of wrongdoing.
I am sure they love their Max because they already did the right thing to keep him up with his vaccinations. And if they do their thing and keep him on their property and i do my thing and set up some fencing - just in case he escapes, which dogs are supposed to do - all will be well.

And if to confirm that it all is well again, the crust of my puncture wound came off this morning, exposing the newly grown skin…

Update on Nona Duck: She enjoyed the »Duck Weather« today!
So yesterday she sat shivering in the warmest corner at the humon-house and i was somewhat concerned again, but today she was back to normal: Running out of the duck-house, bullying Blanca Duck away from the cat-food container and quacking loudly for attention! 😅
Here is a video of her from Yesterday (Thursday), she clearly did not enjoy all the attention she got from me:
And here is she today, dabbling through a nice muddy puddle. I think she laid an egg this morning, her belly is much smaller than yesterday:

I threw some cat-kibbles out for Nona to give her some extra protein when i realized that Limpy Drake was behind the corner of the house, guarding and protecting his sister. Notice how he just picks up one kibble leaving the rest for Nona. He is such a good drake!

Update on Nona Duck: She enjoyed the »Duck Weather« today!
So yesterday she sat shivering in the warmest corner at the humon-house and i was somewhat concerned again, but today she was back to normal: Running out of the duck-house, bullying Blanca Duck away from the cat-food container and quacking loudly for attention! 😅
Here is a video of her from Yesterday (Thursday), she clearly did not enjoy all the attention she got from me:
And here is she today, dabbling through a nice muddy puddle. I think she laid an egg this morning, her belly is much smaller than yesterday:

I threw some cat-kibbles out for Nona to give her some extra protein when i realized that Limpy Drake was behind the corner of the house, guarding and protecting his sister. Notice how he just picks up one kibble leaving the rest for Nona. He is such a good drake!
I’m so glad to hear that Nona is doing good! She looks in high spirits. The videos were great. :)

Back
Top Bottom