Neighbors Dog Finally Did It! Update: They are both gone!

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
She is a Terrier Mix and I get on to her all the time for barking at them, well tonight she tore through my Juvie pen!

Killed a Splash Cochin Hen , Maimed a Blue Cochin and my Little Splash Bantam Rooster
hit.gif

The worse part is I don't feel right saying anything to them as last week one of our pine trees fell and landed on top of the doghouse with their other dog in it
th.gif
Yep, he's dead!

I have the 2 live ones in the house and will put up hotwire around the pen tomorrow. I screamed at her and she has not cme back over here since.

Pumpkinpup came over and we cleaned the boys wounds and gave them some penicillen. I hope they will be ok. They also had some Poly Vi Sol and I mixed some Vitamins & Electrolytes in some water and they did each take a drink.

Last edited:
I'd at least mention it to the neighbors. if nothing else they'll know it happened and maybe not be upset at you for dog #1.

Get that electric fence up quick, it's been my experience that once a dog gets the taste of rabbits or chickens you cant stop it from trying again.

Maybe that dog was "getting you back" for the tree killing the other dog. I had a dog that would get me back days after I did something to offend her.

EDIT: I just realised that some may not get my earlier post. What I am saying is this may be a one time revenge attack.

Last edited:
Quote:
She didn't really like the other dog, he was actually penned up which makes the whole tree on the doghouse thing even worse, he really didn't have a chance.

Are in Lake Como as in Land O Lakes, Fl?

I grew up in LOL , parents still live there

Quote:
She didn't really like the other dog, he was actually penned up which makes the whole tree on the doghouse thing even worse, he really didn't have a chance.

Are in Lake Como as in Land O Lakes, Fl?

I grew up in LOL , parents still live there

No I am up by Palatka. Zip 32157

No you should deff. say something to them it wasn't your fault the tree fell however it was your neighbors fault for allowing her dog to roam freely which in my county is very illegal!!! I am so sorry for your loss
sad.png

UPDATTE: Both Itty Bitty ( My Bantam) and the Blue Cochin have passed on.

This is the first time I have lost birds this way. This is just heartbreaking!

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom